By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Castlevania Judgement for Wii... and it's a fighter?!

Riachu said:
naznatips said:

Not a 3D Castlevania... hell no. This is absolutely better than a new 3D Castlevania. As for 2D Castlevanias, that's why I own a DS... I already got the new 2D Castlevania announcement I wanted on DS, and it looks great. Now I get something different on Wii. I don't really see the problem. Seem's stupid to not own a DS if you are a Castlevania fan, as Dawn of Sorrow is easily the best game in the franchise's history.

Hello? Ever heard of SotN?

DoS is much better in my opinion.  In fact, SotN is 4th for me, behind Dawn of Sorrow, Aria of Sorrow, and Circle of the Moon... all of which greatly improved on SotN.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Riachu said:
naznatips said:

Not a 3D Castlevania... hell no. This is absolutely better than a new 3D Castlevania. As for 2D Castlevanias, that's why I own a DS... I already got the new 2D Castlevania announcement I wanted on DS, and it looks great. Now I get something different on Wii. I don't really see the problem. Seem's stupid to not own a DS if you are a Castlevania fan, as Dawn of Sorrow is easily the best game in the franchise's history.

Hello? Ever heard of SotN?

DoS is much better in my opinion. In fact, SotN is 4th for me, behind Dawn of Sorrow, Aria of Sorrow, and Circle of the Moon... all of which greatly improved on SotN.

People say that the handheld are good but they have never felt as perfected as Symphony of the Night

I remember the good old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournment Fighters! I mean it's possible to make a good fighter from a good action game, but I'll wait to the release of this game to make a desicion.

BengaBenga said:
Yushire: there you go, enjoy your new avatar!

LOL even you win here technically you know you lose somewhat. I KNEW this game will be multiplat but this is more what Im expecting seriously. Even theres technically a new castlevania for the Wii it doest mean its a "main castlevania" game its a spin off.

I knew there'll be a new castlevania game but I doubt it'll be a main game I even thought its a wiiware but its more than Im expecting.

I'll use the new avatar anyway if you want to, but you know who really won here.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I actually want to play this now. And Soma needs to be playable because he's cool.

So I'm leaning on Cautious Optimism now. I'm not expecting much, but I'm a CV fan and I want to try it.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
Zucas said:
RPG_Fanatic said:
I don't know what to say about that. I will reserve judgement until after I learn more about the game.

MIght want to wait til you see more about it until you reserve it.

Sorry play on words considering the subtitle is Judgement haha. I couldn't resist.

Anyways I'm not dissappointed. Maybe this is because I've never played a Castlevania game but I think this is fine. I just need to find out the details now.

I need to stop doing that. It reminds me of the time my friend and I were discusses which is better, ice cream or popsicles, and I used the word popular in my argument. I guess this is my punishment.

Yes I know how bad though are.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

wow, a new direction eh.

naznatips said:
Desroko said:
naznatips said:

After the initial shock wore off I'm actually somewhat interested, and want more info. This certainly isn't some half-assed spin-off (look at the graphics). I figure after the DS games Konami has earned the benefit of the doubt, so I'll say I'm cautiously optimistic and really looking forward to more info.

Cautious optimism is reasonable (I'm not a fighter fan, so I don't share it), but if you could only have one or the other, you'd probably take a Castlevania action-adventure game over a Castlevania fighting game, right? I just don't get what Konami's getting at here.

Not a 3D Castlevania... hell no.  This is absolutely better than a new 3D Castlevania.  As for 2D Castlevanias, that's why I own a DS... I already got the new 2D Castlevania announcement I wanted on DS, and it looks great.  Now I get something different on Wii.  I don't really see the problem.  Seem's stupid to not own a DS if you are a Castlevania fan, as Dawn of Sorrow is easily the best game in the franchise's history.

Just because a good 3D Castlevania game has never been created (and yes, the N64/PS2 games sucked), it doesn't follow that one can't be created.

And I hate to say it, but I think the 2D series is growing stale. Ecclesia is the first that doesn't really excite me. It's not nearly as bad as the rut that the Mega Man series (both original and X) got into, but I'm beginning to think something other Metroidvania is in order for the next installment.

Huh. That's.....interesting.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

To be honest I think this game will suck.

A fighter? c'mon

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY