By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Over 370,000 words recorded for Fable 2

Here's hoping the dialogue is skippable.

Around the Network
Machina-AX said:

Lots of comparisons with Oblivion but I kind of got bored halfway through reading the thread so I have a couple of questions:

Are these comparisons restricted to the audio content? Is Fable actually anything like Oblivion to play?

If it is I'll have to strike Fable 2 off of my wish list because I absolutely loath Oblivion's combat.

Finally, someone agrees with me on this one.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
Machina-AX said:

Lots of comparisons with Oblivion but I kind of got bored halfway through reading the thread so I have a couple of questions:

Are these comparisons restricted to the audio content? Is Fable actually anything like Oblivion to play?

If it is I'll have to strike Fable 2 off of my wish list because I absolutely loath Oblivion's combat.

+1

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Strategyking92 said:
Machina-AX said:

+1

+2

I do have some concerns about the way Fable 2's combat controls are maped to a single button but I'm reserving jugment until I actually get to play it. It could turn out fun with the environmental variables but I'm afraid its gonna be mindless button mashing. If its somethin akin to The Witchers rhythm system it could be fun but I'm not really geting that from the demo videos.

thekitchensink said:
I really wonder just how big Fable 2 will be--could it be the first game Molyneux's ever made that lives up to its' promises? Black and White, Fable, and The Movies were all great games, but nowhere near the promises he made.

That said, I have great hopes for F2--especially after the 'you can compress something to one one-hundredth the size with little noticeable quality loss'. I really wonder what made him say that.

no games from molyneux will ever lives up to promises.. the guy is always 5 to 10 years ahead of the technology available... but he pulled out a couple of awesome games populous, dungeon keeper, black and white, I personally use to love high octane to name a few

Around the Network
starcraft said:
leo-j said:
starcraft said:
masterb8tr said:
i think fable 2 will have a good shot at becoming rpg of the year.

If FFXIII doesn't make it out this year, I think Fable 2 is a shoe-in.  Especially after Fallout 3 seems to have gone to hell on a fast train.

You seem to have forgotten about White knight chronicles made by LEVEL 5.

Actually I have not.  Ignoring the fact that recent statements indicate that game won't hit until first quarter next calendar year, I just don't think it will be nearly as good as Fable 2. 

Don't get me wrong, its almost certainly a game I'll pick up when I get a PS3, but with repetitive looking combat (which is REALLY bad in a JRPG) its just gone from really good to good in my books.

You got that from one gameplay video?  And a video that involved only one battle?  And a video that didn't show the main character transforming into the White Knight?

>_>

It's okay to say you think Fable II will be great, and to say it will be the better game, but don't make up crap about the other.

OT: Sounds impressive.  Fable II is shaping up to be a really great game, from the sound of it.  I'm loving the artstyle.

Of course, I've never played the first one.  I may track it down for PC one day.  Either that or steal my friend's Xbox. :P