By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Good Of A Gamer Are You?

@Hephaestos

Key Word: Can

The physical ability to perform a task

You didn't HAVE to beat a game 100%, just that it is possible.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

I'm horrible. My nephew always warns me: "Oh no, don't buy it, it's too hard for you".

But I keep buying them and beating them...halfway.

id put myself as great

HAH! I knew old people couldn't play video games!

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

i would say incredible, with the addition that if i'm allowed to play a game for 2-3 hours i can match, beat most people who have been playing for a while.
My first run of Guitar Hero 3 I played on Med, played some really hard song (that was selected for me as a joke), and aced it, first time ever playing. An hour later i was playing on hard and breaking all the records my friends had set.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
i would say incredible, with the addition that if i'm allowed to play a game for 2-3 hours i can match, beat most people who have been playing for a while.
My first run of Guitar Hero 3 I played on Med, played some really hard song (that was selected for me as a joke), and aced it, first time ever playing. An hour later i was playing on hard and breaking all the records my friends had set.

There's a simple explanation for that. Games like Guitar Hero don't require skill, they require reflexes. You simply built your reflexes up with other games you played and GH was a cake-walk.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
HAH! I knew old people couldn't play video games!

Thank you, kid. By the way: I just bumped your "favourite game" thread.

Don't do that!

It makes me look like a spammer.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

There is no video game challenge beyond me, no game mechanic I cannot grasp.

dtewi said:
theprof00 said:

There's a simple explanation for that. Games like Guitar Hero don't require skill, they require reflexes. You simply built your reflexes up with other games you played and GH was a cake-walk.

yeah but it also applies to games like nhl 08, fifa, pes, halo. oH, and i've never lost in mario party, ever. It is so wierd hows lucky i get in that game i can be trailing 4 stars and still win, they all put handicaps on me now by 3 stars a piece.

It's pretty much any game. I'm really fast at getting to a high level of ability, but i never get truly amazing at any one game. I just make people look bad. "Is this really your first time playing this game?" is a quote i've heard hundreds of times. literally hundreds.

example: I beat the trials of the gods in gow1, the part where you have to knock the baddies off the elevating rock, the first time i put my paws on the controller, just from watching the game being played by my friend until he got stuck there.He called me over later on gow2 to beat the protect the wife and kid task. Took me 6 attempts.

Not bragging, cuz il never be as good as i'd like to be, but i'm quite a quick learner/imitator.