By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii JRPG - Arc Rise Fantasia (Image Epoch x Marvelous), ToS script writ

Soriku said:
Kenology said:
naznatips said:
It looks great so far. I'm especially excited that Yasunori Mitsuda is doing the music (Chrono Trigger/Cross composer for those who don't know).

And Xenogears. If you pick out one or two Mitsuda scores, don't ever leave out Xenogears!

And speaking of Marvelous, how come there hasn't been any info on Oboro Muramasa Yotenden!? I'm getting worried about that game. I missed out on Odin Sphere and that's probably my most anticipated Wii RPG (even more than ToS2)

They're still planning on releasing it. They gave out sales expectations (though I think they'll surpass expectations. Better to keep low expectations and be surprised later I guess.) for Japan just recently. There's no Western release given (for now) though. I really want it too ^^

When!?  Where?  Show me.

Around the Network

How in the hell I missed that thread... I have no idea. Thanks Soriku.

Here are more complete scans without anything being cut off

http://gonintendo.com/?p=47612#comments

I an't wait to learn more about this game.

'Insert drool here'

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

RPG_Fanatic said:
Here are more complete scans without anything being cut off

http://gonintendo.com/?p=47612#comments

I an't wait to learn more about this game.

'Insert drool here'

It certainly looks great.  The Wii's JRPG library is starting to look pretty good.  Still nothing compared to the DS, but the future games certainly rival those of its HD counterparts.

BengaBenga said:
yushire said:

With all of those screenshots I just hope this game will not turned out to be a niche title. We're still waiting if TOS2 will take off in Japan if that game take off then theres hope for these titles on Japan.

Im hoping for atleast a decent RPG with good story especially if its just new, but with these screenshots I could only hope that this title will atleast have 500,000 sales in japan alone. I mean it

I mean, this is too good for the Wii even the screesnshots alone can outmatch TOS2 and I thought that graphics was great for the Wii. Wonder how many yen for developing this game.

edit: This game really really needs advertising! Or end up like No More Heroes again.

ToS2 will sell very well. According to the Source it will sell around 200.000 first week, which is massive for a JRPG not called DQ, FF or KH. It will definitely sell a million worldwide (and become the best selling current gen RPG until FF13 arrives).

A title like this probably won't sell 500.000 in Japan, but really doesn't need to either. around 200.000 Japan and 400.000 worldwide will ba a massive success for a game like this.

I HOPE SO, after Konami's announcement on Castlevania as a fighter many Wii core gamers have bad taste on their mouth right now. This game hope proves that core games sells on the Wii and put the final nail on 3rd party games dont sell on the Wii fallacy. I really hope this game sells on Japan this game like other games will shown in E3 will be the last hope for the Wii right now. And yeah, about the bet yeah you win but then it isnt an all out victory either, to tell you frankly I want you to win because it means that 3rd parties are serious on the Wii this time, but the opposite happens.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
yushire said:
BengaBenga said:

ToS2 will sell very well. According to the Source it will sell around 200.000 first week, which is massive for a JRPG not called DQ, FF or KH. It will definitely sell a million worldwide (and become the best selling current gen RPG until FF13 arrives).

A title like this probably won't sell 500.000 in Japan, but really doesn't need to either. around 200.000 Japan and 400.000 worldwide will ba a massive success for a game like this.

I HOPE SO, after Konami's announcement on Castlevania as a fighter many Wii core gamers have bad taste on their mouth right now. This game hope proves that core games sells on the Wii and put the final nail on 3rd party games dont sell on the Wii fallacy. I really hope this game sells on Japan this game like other games will shown in E3 will be the last hope for the Wii right now. And yeah, about the bet yeah you win but then it isnt an all out victory either, to tell you frankly I want you to win because it means that 3rd parties are serious on the Wii this time, but the opposite happens.

No they aren't, I'm looking forward to Castlevania Judgement. I'm actually glad it's not just the DS games on a home console. And it's not always about sales and 'proving' things to fanboys. Sometimes I wonder if you're a concern troll because all of your posts have a fanatical and negative spin to them.

On Topic: I need to see this game in action, the pics in the scan just seem to small now and I'm mesmerized by them and tha artstyle. Thsoe direct feed screens can' come soon enough, and I don't know if I can wait until E3 for a video.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

No they aren't, I'm looking forward to Castlevania Judgement. I'm actually glad it's not just the DS games on a home console. And it's not always about sales and 'proving' things to fanboys. Sometimes I wonder if you're a concern troll because all of your posts have a fanatical and negative spin to them.

On Topic: I need to see this game in action, the pics in the scan just seem to small now and I'm mesmerized by them and tha artstyle. Thsoe direct feed screens can' come soon enough, and I don't know if I can wait until E3 for a video.

Thats really how I post even some members here says if I troll but Im not. I own a Wii but not hating it, I just dont like 3rd parties treating the Wii thats all.
And second, Im replying to bengabenga I have abet wuith him but I dont consider it as really a victory either because it isnt really a Castlevania game, only a fighting game spin off, just like Namco did with Soul Calibur with Soul calibur legends. And Im saying last hope because these games will be the last hope for us Wii core gamers that core games really DO sell on the Wii.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

The game looks potentially like the best RPG on the Wii so far, tieing in with ToS2.

I hope ALL of the Marvelous games reach America.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
The game looks potentially like the best RPG on the Wii so far, tieing in with ToS2.

I hope Ubisoft publish this game OK even how much you all dont like Ubi theyre the only publisher that wants to publish niche market games in western countries like No More heroes, tenchu IV and now recently DQ IV in Aus and New Zealand. unless you can think of any publisher that can publish this game into the states...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
trestres said:

I hope Ubisoft publish this game OK even how much you all dont like Ubi theyre the only publisher that wants to publish niche market games in western countries like No More heroes, tenchu IV and now recently DQ IV in Aus and New Zealand. unless you can think of any publisher that can publish this game into the states...

Atlus is the king of publishing niche titles.  Since this is an RPG it'll probably be picked up by them.  At least I hope so.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2