By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skate It Wii could ship with clip-on skateboard shell

Skate It Wii could ship with clip-on skateboard shell

Rumour has it that Electronic Arts is considering shipping its upcoming Skate It for the Nintendo Wii with a skateboard-shaped peripheral that clips onto the Balance Board, in order to further immerse gamers into the experience.

It wouldn't just be a pretty new add-on, however. EA is wary about the fact that players' feet might slip out of the optimum skating position on the Balance Board as it is, and that the skateboard-shaped shell would help them orientate themselves a lot easier - making sure that they needn’t peer down and check their feet and inadvertently cause unecessary bone-shattering on-screen accidents.

Skate It, a Nintendo Wii exclusive spin-off of last year's PS3 and Xbox 360 hit simulation (minus Balance Board tricks), is scheduled to launch later on this year.

http://www.balanceboardblog.com/2008/06/skate-it-wii-could-ship-with-clip-on.html

This could be very cool if implemented right.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

yes it could, but i can see people trying to jump clearing the ground with it and snapping things that shouldn't be....then blaming nin for making the product and them not using it like it should be....why does that trap sound familiar

There is those kinds of traps with any peripheral if they are not used properly and as they should be used.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

What they need to do is label is a sporting activity, the disclaimer is automatic... but a bit extreme. Something lighter... maybe?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D