By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do the Dualshock 2 analog sticks register more than 2 degrees of pressure?

This came upon you when you were playing the Wii version of okami?

Anyway interesting find, but I never noticed it so I can't name you any games.

Around the Network

I've never noticed it, I guess Americans have an easier time adjusting to small things that don't really matter like this.

O_0
I tought the same while playing Okami on my Wii recently ( however I thought it depend on original coders skills/will ).

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Since the N64(PS,PS2 because I haven't touch a Sixaxis) times, I found the Nintendo analog-sticks more sensitive, why?? I don't know...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
I've never noticed it, I guess Americans have an easier time adjusting to small things that don't really matter like this.

You are probably right. Bodhesatva once told me that Americans usually ignore things they don't understand and simply move on.

ROFL.

That's probably more true than my statement.  Arnold Schwarzenegger once told me that Austrians are really nitpicky, and only notice small things because their lives are consumed with MK Wii, which only rewards people who are lucky that play the game, not any skill... 

Zing!!

Around the Network

I always thought the PS sticks were too loose, like you have to push really far before anything happens then it all comes at once.

For a long while I actually thought that the N64 stick was the only analogue stick and assumed the PS ones were just d-pads in stick form.

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:

You are probably right. Bodhesatva once told me that Americans usually ignore things they don't understand and simply move on.

That's very true! I'd say it's because all of us Americans are too stupid. I also forgot to mention we're all fat greedy. Just look at me!

TWRoO said:
I always thought the PS sticks were too loose, like you have to push really far before anything happens then it all comes at once.

For a long while I actually thought that the N64 stick was the only analogue stick and assumed the PS ones were just d-pads in stick form.

I thought that too.

I used to hate the Analog sticks period.

What a fool to be so stupid. 

TWRoO said:

There are two things I'd expect from an analog stick - analog direction (i.e. not just 90 or 45 degree steps like a D-pad) and analog force. So I guess even if RolStoppable is right and there's no analog force on the DS2, maybe it's still correct to call it an analog stick.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The only game that I have really played on a ps2 is Star Wars Battlefront 2 and I find it hard to aim sometimes because of the sensitivity of the sticks.