By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Carnival Games creeping up at the 2 million mark

OK then montana 70%. Happy? :)

What is the difference? If Carnival games is selling more than 50% of anyone's current arsenal I would have to say we got problems.(or better words THEY do)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

-Edited by moderator

Next time, don't be a jerk about it.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I'm just amazed this shitty ass game could outsell 75% of Sony's current arsenal. Am I the only one who is like WTH?

MynameisGARY

bigjon said:
He is using stats to prove a point, and it appears to have struck a sore spot with Montana.

Considering that Montana considers M&S to be a piece of sh!t game would really piss him off if he pointed out the fact that M&S has out sold ALL PS3 games.

Stats do not lie am I right? or am i right am i right? :)

MynameisGARY

leo-j said:
Yea well having animal crossing DS outsell the entire god of war franchise isnt something to be happy about either =l

Why shouldn't it though? Animal Crossing on the DS is a very good game, just about up there with the God of War series in quality. Let's take a look at Gamerankings and see.

Title
Platform
Avg. Ratio
Animal Crossing: Wild World 
Publisher: Nintendo
Number of P/Reviews: 168
DS 86.3%
Animal Crossing 
Publisher: Nintendo
Number of P/Reviews: 113
GameCube 86.6%

2 matching records
 Title
Platform
Avg. Ratio
God of War: Chains of Olympus 
Publisher: SCEA
Number of P/Reviews: 146
PSP 91.4%
God of War 
Number of P/Reviews: 252
PlayStation 2 93.2%

God of War II 
Number of P/Reviews: 213

The God of War games are only a tiny bit better really.

PlayStation 2

Around the Network
bigjon said:
He is using stats to prove a point, and it appears to have struck a sore spot with Montana.

Considering that Montana considers M&S to be a piece of sh!t game would really piss him off if he pointed out the fact that M&S has out sold ALL PS3 games.

I'm just looking for a good debate. If this is the best you have to contribute, then consider yourself warned. I'm not putting up with this much bullcrap in one day.

leo-j said:
Yea well having animal crossing DS outsell the entire god of war franchise isnt something to be happy about either =l

Why not??? Probably it made a lot of people happy...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
MontanaHatchet said:
weezy said:

Wouldn't matter, because the PSP is missing several million sellers.

21 Burnout Legends (delete) Electronic Arts 903 7.48 0.99m
22 Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (delete) Konami 629 1.00 0.99m
23 Need for Speed: Carbon (delete) Electronic Arts 524 7.88 0.98m
24 Luminies (delete) Ubisoft 1,415 7.66 0.97m

Lumines (or Luminies, as it has been spelled in the database), doesn't even have American data. Do you seriously think a Wii game would just stop at .99 million and not sell anymore?

And for that matter, why isn't the PS2 included in Sony's arsenal? It's still selling hardware and software, even if in small amounts.

OkeyDokey: We're just having mature discussion

Luminies is one the reasons the PSP doesn`t have more million sellers. Just like Carnival Games, Luminies sales make me sad.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

weezy said:
I'm just amazed this shitty ass game could outsell 75% of Sony's current arsenal. Am I the only one who is like WTH?

I was baffled by a lot of game sales. Look at old ones on the PS2 and PS, or even the NES or SNES for that matter. The leading consoles can sell crappy games to average games very well. I mean, Carnival Games isn't such a horrible game that it's nearly unplayable. Just look at the numbers of hours Wii owners play it (I believe there's a thread somewhere).

Like I said, casual games on the PS2 have pretty much outsold the majority of GC and Xbox games too. You would expect as much from the leading console, especially one that prides itself on such a strategy.

Just as a quick question. How many of you have actully played this game?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Now how many of you write it off as crap?

Yeah.

I'm not saying the game is good or bad, I'm just saying it obviously appeals to some people, no need to come down on it just because those people aren't you.

Edit: Wow the direction of this thread really altered while I wandered away before hitting post.  My point still stands, but seems far less timely. Nutbunnies.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!