By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question to PS3/360 owners about RE5 controller preference

darthdevidem01 said:
I don't think I pesonally would enjoy it

I have tried MP3....not RE4 wii though

What did you dislike about MP3s controls?

Around the Network

I prefer a classic controller, I really just don't like the feel of the Wii mote.

It feels awkward first, but when you get use to it you realize how good the gameplay of RE4 Wii is... My favorite version all the way

I found it was a pain in the butt to turn with the Wii controls in RE4, but I liked the feel of Wiimote shooting. Its like it needs a 2nd analogue stick to help for camera/turning, I felt very clumsy.

I would probably take KB/Mouse over Wiimote though for that reason.

As for dual analogue? I think im starting to like the PS3 controls better at the moment for shooters, the positioning of my thumbs how im currently holding it seems to give me more control.

Sixaxis V Wiimote? Hmmm... Thats a hard question but I might sway towards the Sixaxis because I hate the scarily slow turning in a game where things like to creep up on you.

Tease.

To me, with the amount of action that looks like it will be going on in RE5, I think the Wiimote is too shaky for a really tight spot, not to mention the shortage of buttons for more complex maneuvers (assuming minimal motion controls).

I remember watching my friend play RE:4 on his Wii and it looked like he had Parkinson's when I would watch the aiming reticule. Coupled with my own frustrations with the Wiimote pointer, I think it would definitely detract from the experience.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

This thread is filled with people downplaying the wii's control advantage and then not explaining why dual analog is better.(like I said they would) At least Squillium and Akuma both gave reasons why they don't like the controls. Even if I do disagree.

sc94597 said:

This thread is filled with people downplaying the wii's control advantage and then not explaining why dual analog is better.(like I said they would) At least Squillium and Akuma both gave reasons why they don't like the controls. Even if I do disagree.

I love the controls - its just that I found the inability to turn quickly to be incredibly scary with guys that had shock coils creeping up behind me. For that reason alone I have to give the nod to the Sixaxis, if that wasn't the case then I would say I love the Wiimote 100% for RE.

Tease.

sc94597 said:
I might buy that keyboard and mouse adapter for the 360 just so I don't have to suffer dual analog.

OMG what the hell is that? I need it.

I gave in and bought a 360 for gta4, but i cannot get into other games like bioshock because of the poor controls.  Using a keyboard and mouse would be so much better.  Where can you get the adaptor from??

...Also, sorry for being off topic

...on topic i would definately prefer wii controls.  Thats why im actually looking forward to the 360 wii-mote, because ill enjoy the 360 shooters a lot more :)

Squilliam said:
sc94597 said:

I love the controls - its just that I found the inability to turn quickly to be incredibly scary with guys that had shock coils creeping up behind me. For that reason alone I have to give the nod to the Sixaxis, if that wasn't the case then I would say I love the Wiimote 100% for RE.

Well I believe there are settings where you could change the sensitiviy of how fast you turn. If not, capcom could always implement it because other developers did that in many other games including Metroid Prime 3.

Man said:
sc94597 said:
I might buy that keyboard and mouse adapter for the 360 just so I don't have to suffer dual analog.

OMG what the hell is that? I need it.

I gave in and bought a 360 for gta4, but i cannot get into other games like bioshock because of the poor controls.  Using a keyboard and mouse would be so much better.  Where can you get the adaptor from??

...Also, sorry for being off topic

...on topic i would definately prefer wii controls.  Thats why im actually looking forward to the 360 wii-mote, because ill enjoy the 360 shooters a lot more :)

Uh there was a thread about it, but I can't find it. Ask disolitude he has one.