By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some of the advantages of owning a wii over a PS3 or 360?

ZenfoldorVGI said:
RolStoppable said:
leo-j said:
RolStoppable said:
It attracts women in large numbers.

WTF

Arent you a women?

Even if, I don't see a problem.

Not to stray off topic, but the implications are that Leo-J has been fantasizing about his image of you. Late at night, under the covers, who knows what dirty deeds those images might have caused, lol. It's like he eye-molested his image of you as a woman. You should feel violated and creeped out.

In fairness to Leo-J (or maybe this is just an admission of my own silliness), I have a hard time not seeing the people with women avatars as women... I mean, if its the only thing I have to go on, that's what I use to visualize the others here.

For the longest time, I thought of The Source as an old Asian sage...

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
In the long run,what would be the most satisfying purchase?

Super Mario Galaxy. Bar-none.

Unless you've never played Twilight Princess, in which case u is deds tah mees.

I can see myself liking Mario Galaxy,but haven't liked Mario since Super Mario 64.SunShine was lacking.imo Zelda:The Twighlight princess.I've been meaning to play,but i can easily get a GC and play it.

i didnt like sunshine too but galaxy is almost as good as SM64

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
*bleu-ocelot* said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
In the long run,what would be the most satisfying purchase?

Super Mario Galaxy. Bar-none.

Unless you've never played Twilight Princess, in which case u is deds tah mees.

I can see myself liking Mario Galaxy,but haven't liked Mario since Super Mario 64.SunShine was lacking.imo Zelda:The Twighlight princess.I've been meaning to play,but i can easily get a GC and play it.

I've played both versions of TP it feels more natural with the gamecube but feels much more fun with the wii...

Former something....

Mainly for the Nintendo franchises, most of which are top notch even if they are the same franchises gamers have been playing for the last three, and in some cases, five generations of consoles. That matters most to Nintendo fans, just as Playstation fans favor SCE franchises and Xbox fans favor MSG franchises. Personal tastes.

Otherwise, it's mainly for the different user interface which can really be hit or miss depending upon individual titles.

So basically, it provides a different experience that can't be found on any other platform, again, depending upon individual titles. There are plenty that really don't take advantage of the control possibilities at all.

get all 3 consoles, Win-Win-Win situation, gaming PC helps as well!

Around the Network

Better controls.
More exclusive games.
Better exclusive games.
Better backwards compatibility (only system with 100%).
Only system with a speaker in the controller.
More ultraviolent hardcore games for 1337 hardcore losers who need blood to have fun.
Wii Fit.

Its substantially smaller, so it takes up less room. Thats an advantage

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Well others mentioned everything I would have mentioned except that the wii will most likely have the most japanes 3rd party support. It's a given with such a difference in userbase. You are already seeing alot of japanese third party support now.

Uses less power. That's actually a pretty good merit. Supposedly it uses about 1/10th the power of the earlier PS3s.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Better controls.
More exclusive games.
Better exclusive games.
Better backwards compatibility (only system with 100%).
Only system with a speaker in the controller.
More ultraviolent hardcore games for 1337 hardcore losers who need blood to have fun.
Wii Fit.

Must....resist...