By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get the PS3 or a 360?

Both are great consoles, however, I would go X360. Price, XBox Live (AWESOME), great RPG line-up (never thought that would come out of my mouth, lol), and some great multi-player shooters, Halo 3 (AWESOME), not to mention Gears 1 & 2. The Madden community on XBox Live is killer in comparison to PSN. But their are pro's and con's for both.

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
Fanatical111 said:
PooperScooper said:

I stopped reading there.

Warhawk, UT3, Uncharted all say hi

I also hear you can play MGS4 was a shooter or stealth game too.

Warhawk is a shooter?  UT3 is coming to 360 in a month with more maps.  MGS4 is a steath game not a shooter at least IMO.

What would you classify warhawk as? You get a pistol, knife, Ground Machine Gun, Tank, Anti Aircraft Turret, Missile Turret, rifle, flame thrower, gernades, sniper, rocket launcher, mines, and binoculars that paint targets for an airstrike (thats what I assume that is any ways) Thats all ground combat too. I didn't even mention the aircrafts.

UT3 wont have mods on 360. Everyone knows what makes that game are the mods. Mods>>>>>>>>>maps

Mgs4 can be played as a shooter. If you want to play it as a stealth game you can but people who like shooters can also play theirstyle in MGS4. 

You also didn't respond about Uncharted.

Uncharted is a shooter for sure, I forgot to mention it as I stated my response.  My point was that the Xbox 360 has better shooters as of now.  I do not think this point can be credibly disapproved as Gears and Halo are the top exclusive shooters in my mind.  My favorite shooter is COD4 which is on both but if you are looking for a plentora of good shooters, I would get a 360. 

Killzone 2 and RFOM 2 are both proceeding average shooters so I am unsure as to how good they will be. 

In terms of your MGS4 comment, I believe the same could be said about Mass Effect although it is 100% not classified as a "shooter".  MGS4 is more of a stealth game to me as I stated. 

Fanatical111 said:
PooperScooper said:
Fanatical111 said:
PooperScooper said:

I stopped reading there.

Warhawk, UT3, Uncharted all say hi

I also hear you can play MGS4 was a shooter or stealth game too.

Warhawk is a shooter?  UT3 is coming to 360 in a month with more maps.  MGS4 is a steath game not a shooter at least IMO.

What would you classify warhawk as? You get a pistol, knife, Ground Machine Gun, Tank, Anti Aircraft Turret, Missile Turret, rifle, flame thrower, gernades, sniper, rocket launcher, mines, and binoculars that paint targets for an airstrike (thats what I assume that is any ways) Thats all ground combat too. I didn't even mention the aircrafts.

UT3 wont have mods on 360. Everyone knows what makes that game are the mods. Mods>>>>>>>>>maps

Mgs4 can be played as a shooter. If you want to play it as a stealth game you can but people who like shooters can also play theirstyle in MGS4. 

Uncharted is a shooter for sure, I forgot to mention it as I stated my response.  My point was that the Xbox 360 has better shooters as of now.  I do not think this point can be credibly disapproved as Gears and Halo are the top exclusive shooters in my mind.  My favorite shooter is COD4 which is on both but if you are looking for a plentora of good shooters, I would get a 360. 

Killzone 2 and RFOM 2 are both proceeding average shooters so I am unsure as to how good they will be. 

In terms of your MGS4 comment, I believe the same could be said about Mass Effect although it is 100% not classified as a "shooter".  MGS4 is more of a stealth game to me as I stated. 

Did you even tried MGS4? MGS4 can be played as FPS, TPS or steath shooter.

i have both concoles and i would have to say ps3.

imo it got better games,graphics, media functions and ONLINE

I have to ask, all of you that say xbox live is better than psn do you live in USA?
cause where i am living xbox live is lagging all the time and i have 50/25 mbit internet

psn= no lag for me

well anyway whatever you choose is up to you.

Fanatical111 said:
PooperScooper said:

My point was that the Xbox 360 has better shooters as of now. I do not think this point can be credibly disapproved as Gears and Halo are the top exclusive shooters in my mind.  My favorite shooter is COD4 which is on both but if you are looking for a plentora of good shooters, I would get a 360. 

I just disproved it.

In your mind 360 has better shooters. In my mind Halo is awful and Resistance was on par with Gears. Gears story blew and mutiplayer was dull. Graphics and gameplays is what it was good at. Story and multiplayer was what resistance was good at, and to a lesser extent gameplay. (weapon selection and fun factor for Resistance > gears and thats a major game play factor for me.)

My point is you can't count out other games because you didn't like them as much. Other people may find them just as good or maybe better.

Around the Network

should have mentioned I am not that into online game as far as communities go. However, I am interested in playing friends in COD4 or Madden or whatever.

The only Online games I have ever gotten into are MKWii and Diablo 2(addicted is a better for this one)

Also price is a factor but not the basis of my decision. As on now I am leaning to the PS3, Blu-ray, BC, and reliablity are huge. Also I love GT games, and FF games. I am also going to be upgrading my computer in 6-9 months, although I have not decided if I am going to invest in a gaming PC or not.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

PooperScooper said:
Fanatical111 said:
PooperScooper said:

My point was that the Xbox 360 has better shooters as of now. I do not think this point can be credibly disapproved as Gears and Halo are the top exclusive shooters in my mind.  My favorite shooter is COD4 which is on both but if you are looking for a plentora of good shooters, I would get a 360. 

I just disproved it.

In your mind 360 has better shooters. In my mind Halo is awful and Resistance was on par with Gears. Gears story blew and mutiplayer was dull. Graphics and gameplays is what it was good at. Story and multiplayer was what resistance was good at, and to a lesser extent gameplay. (weapon selection and fun factor for Resistance > gears and thats a major game play factor for me.)

My point is you can't count out other games because you didn't like them as much. Other people may find them just as good or maybe better.

Yes this is what opinion is.  But at the same time just look at the review scores to get an objective view. 

From the sound of this I would say.....
Go for the PS3 in about a year when the games you want are coming out and might have a price drop. And go into PC gaming for games you missed on the 360..

Former something....

bigjon said:
should have mentioned I am not that into online game as far as communities go. However, I am interested in playing friends in COD4 or Madden or whatever.

The only Online games I have ever gotten into are MKWii and Diablo 2(addicted is a better for this one)

Also price is a factor but not the basis of my decision. As on now I am leaning to the PS3, Blu-ray, BC, and reliablity are huge. Also I love GT games, and FF games. I am also going to be upgrading my computer in 6-9 months, although I have not decided if I am going to invest in a gaming PC or not.

That seals the deal.

A. Sounds like you'd want to hop online at your own free will and you wouldn't want to pay for something you aren't gonna take advantage of. - Ps3 then. No commitments at all.

B. You are looking forward to Ps3 exclusive games and would take advantage of HD movies if you had the option to -Ps3 again

C. Price... Let me say that for the extra money you'd spend on Ps3 you'd have things that you sound like you'd use. So here you have to weigh value to price. This one is a toss up. 360 is cheaper but Ps3 would be used for more things. Ps3 is out of the box ready too. 360 needs fees and add ons. (Controller recharger kit, Gold Live and to a lesser extent HD-DVD player)

D. If you DO and that is a DO decide to go gamming PC route then this is a no brainer. - Ps3.

bigjon said:

The investment on a gaming PC is minimal if you are going to be upgrading.  An 8800GT can be had for $150 and is a superb card.  I think a PS3 would fit you best.

You're not too big into online games.  PS3 provides online services for free so what little you do play online, you won't have to pay $50/year for.  Then there's also the wifi adapter for the XBox360 to consider.

Multiplatform games are pretty much dead even.  You would need to see games played side by side to really tell a difference for the most part.

As for exclusives, I'm more inclined to believe that PS3 games will be exclusives, while many XBox360 "exclusives" will make their way to the PC at one point or another.

Those were my reasons for selling my XBox360 and deciding to be a PC/PS3 gamer.