By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 native resolution, fps

Whats the Native reolution and fps FOR mgs4.

I would not really ask a question like this but i have been looking all over the net and can not find any reliable info on this.

Around the Network

I'm not sure about the rez, but guys on neogaf and beyond3D have pegged the framerate as being a constant 30fps with occasional spikes to near 60fps.

I wish more games would lock down the framerate like this.  I think developers should first and foremost aim for 720px30fps with V-Sync enabled, then figure everything else out later

There's another thread on this that popped up around MGS4's launch.

I don't know the fps, but I'm pretty sure it's 768p native.
http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?p=11504605

It will display 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. The FPS is mostly steady, but it isn't locked in because things will get VERY smooth depending on your environment (like being in an enclosed area).

Logically, that should be the other way around. 60fps during quiet stealthy play and 30fps in red zones where militia and PMC factions are fighting, alert phases, scarab attacks, etc.

Pixel counter guy Quoz is quoted as stating the native resolution is 1024x768 w/ 2XAA. Odd, since that's a 4:3 aspect ratio, but then GT5P had the same aspect ratio at 1280x1080 w/ 2xAA, stretched to 16:9.