By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo3 Awesome Community Screenshots

JaggedSac said:
Yeah, I was just looking at the site. Pretty neat. I was never into speed run stuff though. Can't believe I had no idea about this. Was it included in the other Quake games?

Yep, I'm sure at least Q1 Q2 and Q3 have it. Never played the later ones.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

the 1st, 3rd, and 4th one are AWESOME!!!

I wonder why it was never really utilized by id for some really cool stuff? Is there a free floating camera in any of the implementations?

JaggedSac said:
I wonder why it was never really utilized by id for some really cool stuff? Is there a free floating camera in any of the implementations?

I don't know if iD ever did something like that, but there were programs made by other people to hack those demo files and change the camera position, among other stuff. That's how some people used Quake to make machinima movies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machinima

Interesting read. Now that I think about it, I do recall machinima becoming big back then, but I just assumed they were doing it by recording the screen. I want to check out the implementations, but I do not feel like downloading the games.

Around the Network

Anyway, those screenshots are awesome. I gotta try out Halo 3 again even if only for a few hours, even though I don't enjoy aiming with analog sticks.

I had seen the ones from the site before and they are awesome. Yours are really good as well!

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Thanks, dude, I have lots more in my albums in my profile if you care to check them out.