By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game or games made you a true gamer.

I started out as a PC gamer, lightly as i remember, i played the dooms, Half life, THE Sims, but not all the times. But after having seen my friend play God of War, and as played it my self i realized how fun gaming can be. I bought the xbox, the ps2 soon after  and really have not looked back since then. In true form, God of war made me a true gamer.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

I started gaming on the snes, with SMRPG, FFIV, FFVI, LTTP, and a whole bunch of mario games and donkey kong games. Unfortunately I missed super metroid, but I went back and played that wonderful game after playing metroid prime.

Final Fantasy VIII converted me from a casual to a hardcore gamer

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I realy need to touch base with Nintendo's systems, so many games i need to experience.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Started out with sonic games didn't play to often then got a Gamecube for Melee my older brother convinced me to try Skies of Arcadia Legends and from then on I got much more hardcore...

Former something....

Around the Network

Also I didn't really start out playing casual games, but I didn't play games as much as I do now.

The very Christmas day that I recieved my first console, the PS1. With Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Micro Machines V3, Track and Field, and Street Fighter Ex + Alpha, or something.

Interestingly, both my parents were very much into games at that point. My dad completed more PS1 games then I did (mind you, I only ever completed the Crash Bandicoot games back then). My mother used to pride herself at being good at Tekken 3, and Tony Hawks Pro Skater. She also played and completed all of the ID classics, the old Duke Nukem games (currently, the only Duke Nukem games).

Dune II - I loved that game so MUCH!

Tease.

I came from a very strict religious family that really frown upon anything that remotely looked fun, so i had to go to friends house to play games. Until i bought my own pc, i never really had a console until the ps2.

Next Gen 

i played super mario bros at relatives house, my mum bought me nes after few days later, i never looked back after that

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434