By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Insomniac Games a good gaming company?

the greatest gaming company ever in my opinion,they are really innovative and still bring as good games

Around the Network
leo-j said:
aiden.cronus said:
wow

i actually understand what Waron means.
What he's trying to say (and this isnt my opinion at all no offense) is that
to call them one of the top dogs of the gaming industry, they have to do
MORE than just R&C and RFoM. A good company like this is Nintendo or
Capcom, who usually do good games no matter the genre.

So even if Racthet and Resistence were literally the
best games ever made, calling the devs the best on
the planet, is somewhat... trivial

but yeah, just thought i should try to clarify what he
meant and stuff :P

OP: Ratchet is such a great game btw i love it!!

Not according to PC fans, apperently Valve only rides on the HALF LIFE series and they are already the top developers..

Sorry, only Half Life? What about Portal? Counter Strike? Day of Defeat? Team Fortress 2? And let's not forget what they have done with Steam! Valve are one of the best developers out there. 'Nuff said.

waron said:
MakoInfused said:
waron said:

i don't think so. insomniac games is making only ratchet and resistance games for consoles(they didn't make any handheld game) so i don't think we can say much about them. you can argue with me but ratchet games are really similar to each other and first resistance was a mediocre game. so until they will make a game that isn't another ratchet or resistance we can't say much about them cause we don't know if they could make good game that doesn't have ratchet and clank on it's cover.

they made only:
* Ratchet 6 - PS3 (Unknown release, most likely in 2009, production most likely starting soon or the beginning of next year)
* Resistance 2 — PS3 (2008, in development)
* Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction — PS3 (2007)
* Resistance: Fall of Man — PS3 (2006)
* Ratchet: Deadlocked — PS2 (2005)
* Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal — PS2 (2004)
* Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando — PS2 (2003)
* Ratchet & Clank — PS2 (2002)
* Spyro: Year of the Dragon — PS1 (2000)
* Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! — PS1 (1999)
* Spyro the Dragon — PS1 (1998)
* Disruptor — PS1 (1996)

Let them stick to those. They are great quality games, they sell very well, people enjoy em allot, nobody complains about them.

And resistance was well above average :P

RARE is good gaming company 
insomniac games is a good action adventure game developer
that's the difference - RARE can easily make great game no matter from what category from fps, fighters to viva pinata insomniac can make only really good ratchet games and only good resistance games and this can't be a synonym to description of really good developer at least for me.

Spyro 1. 2. and 3 says hi.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

what's with the fanboy rant there buddeh?

they are great.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Putting out three good ps3 games in 3 years is VERY impressive. Name another developer (NOT publisher) that has done this on either the ps3 or 360.

Around the Network

Insomniac Games is a great company. Majority of responses supports Insomniac games as being a great developer.

They are above average.

3 brill games. in 3 years, for the same console. what other dev team have done that

I think Insomniac should take at least 2-3 years to develop games.They way they crank em out,it almost seems like a quota and it shows.
Other than that,they make good games and are respected.

makingmusic476 said:

Putting out three good ps3 games in 3 years is VERY impressive. Name another developer (NOT publisher) that has done this on either the ps3 or 360.

Epic? Gears 1, then following year UT on PS3, now Gears 2 this year.

And bleu, Insomniac has two teams, each team takes 2 years to make a game, so you are suggesting that they do what they are doing and sometimes take 3 for one game?  And the reason they are able to put out a game every other year is because they get first dibs on all tools that Sony makes, some studios were struggling to get one tool to develop for the ps3 when it came out and Insomniac had dozens.