By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The real ace M$ can play to rev 360 sales (hint it's not a game).

psrock said:
Hold on, i have a better one, ready : FREE

That would guarantee them winning the console war, But i doubt i would get it though, i hate free products.

That's not really pertinent. The point is a 360 price cut that sony could never match because of the price of its built in bluray.

Around the Network
Leetgeek said:
psrock said:

That would guarantee them winning the console war, But i doubt i would get it though, i hate free products.

That's not really pertinent. The point is a 360 price cut that sony could never match because of the price of its built in bluray.

In NA, MS will certainly have a huge advantage with a price drop, however, i doubt it wil help anywhere else.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Leetgeek said:
psrock said:

In NA, MS will certainly have a huge advantage with a price drop, however, i doubt it wil help anywhere else.

360's in NA I thought it is close to market saturation in NA.

A $200 360 will be followed shortly by a $300 PS3, so it will not affect sales that much. They would still be outsold combined by a $250 Wii this holiday.

Rock_on_2008 said:
psrock said:
Leetgeek said:
psrock said:

360's in NA I thought it is close to market saturation in NA.

was it on the news?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

they cant just drop the price to be number 1 in sells if MS is making money on the 360 there is no need to drop the price end of story

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!

HappySqurriel said:

In my opinion Microsoft made the same mistake that Sony is on the same path of making, and a price reduction alone will not fix the problem ...

There are only so many people who are willing to spend more than $300 on a console; by being on the market for so long above this price they saturated this market and will see declining sales in the future, while (at the same time) the larger group of people who are willing to spend more than $200 have heavily adopted to the Wii (and have little remaining interest in the XBox 360).

Microsoft needs a "Relaunch" where they can release new (high quality) software, along with a price reduced hardware, in a SKU that has added value; essentially, when they're heading into a period with a couple big releases they should announce a $50 to $100 price reduction and include a game or two (and an additional controller) with the system to encourage sales. A $300 XBox 360 preimium with Gears of War and Forza 2, heading into the release of a couple of big exclusive games is much more attractive than a $250 XBox 360 on Arbitrary Wednesday.

I disagree. Not everyone likes certain genres. I don't like sports or shooters and would rather have a $250 pro where I can buy Banjo Kazooie myself for a total of $310 than buy a $300 360 with gears and forza. If they did that, they should have 3 bundles; a "kiddy bundle" (the one I would buy) an "RPG bundle" and a "sports/shooter/racing game" (360's bread and butter) bundle.

I think this could work for Japan too, but it would probably be to expensive. Launch a slimline 360 for $199.99 that is advertised as reliable, alongside with KH3 exclusive release, and offer a $249.99 360 bundle as well that comes with 3 JRPGs...

Leetgeek said:

Even the most hardcore fanboy can admit that the 360 has lost some steam in the past few months but I know one way that they would be able to easily leave PS3 in the dust and even give the Wii a good battle:

Drop the price to $200.

With the falling price of hardware I think this could be possible.

Let me ask you this: If you could choose between a Wii for $200 or a 360 for $200 which would you choose?

Even for me this would be a tough choice. I'd go with a Wii but only because I have a PS3 and a gaming PC but still..... That would be a tough choice.

Definitely the 360. There's really nothing I want on wii. It'll only be useful for entertaining girls.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

ssj12 said:
psrock said:

no just make XBL free.... people now a days get a bit smarter with their money and $50 = one fill up versus a subscription to an online gaming service.

Or conversely just give the 360 away for free with a contract subscribing to Xbox live.  The Ole cellphone model.

Microsoft is happy with the way it is selling and if they can keep the numbers they are currently getting, they will not cut the price. They are in it for profits and cutting prices cuts profits.