By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie to announce new project 7/7

n their weekly updates they have been saying to watch out for 7/7. I am assuming that it is in regards to their next project. I also believe this is before E3 although I am not sure.

They also go into pretty good depth about the why they changed the functionality of the BR for H3. They take the multi-player aspect of their game VERY seriously and this article shows how much thought they put into how the game and network must work together to provide the best experience.

Here are also some pics of their new Halo3 maps:

Around the Network

lol 7

Anyway, interesting... wonder what it is...
Marathon continuation?

I want something completely new.

An enormous shooter to help the Xbox 360 compete at next years holiday. That said, its possible Perfect Dark 2 is already in development for that.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
I want something completely new.

An enormous shooter to help the Xbox 360 compete at next years holiday. That said, its possible Perfect Dark 2 is already in development for that.

Huxley will cover that and its 360 and PC.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

But does Huxley have broad appeal? Even if it gets 95% reviews, its just not well-known enough to compete with the likes of Gears/Resistance/Halo.

Look at Left 4 Dead. It looks like an insane game, from an insane developer and its console exclusive. But even though all this is true, hardly anyone has heard of it.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I didn't realize Left 4 Dead was console exclusive. Huxley should be pretty bad ass but I am not quite sure the whole FPSMMO(I am assuming they are still going for this, I haven't read anything about the game for a while) thing is gonna work out.

The next Bungie title will be multiplatform,sorta the reason why they left Microsoft.

^^Possibly. The reason they left Microsoft was that they wanted a little more control in how they operated their development. There is still ALOT of cooperation between Bungie and M$.

JaggedSac said:
^^Possibly. The reason they left Microsoft was that they wanted a little more control in how they operated their development. There is still ALOT of cooperation between Bungie and M$.

Sure there's no love lost between them,but they already stated in an article--that they want to concentrate on multiplatform development.

Can you post that article please? I keep up fairly well with the goings on of Bungie and I don't recall any statements like that.

EDIT: I did some googling for some info on the topic and came upon this.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=138348

"UPDATE: When asked whether Bungie would be releasing games for PS3, Wii, and DS in the future, a company rep told Next-Gen: "We haven't really put any serious thought into that at all right now. Typically speaking, that opportunity could exist for us down the road... anything's possible, but it's too early to say. We don't have any dev kits in the building for other platforms. There's nothing like that going on right now."