By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game series you used to enjoy, until their was a bad sequel

darthdevidem01 said:
FF7 faces the typical "we wanna be different n we hate the leading one" disease from people.

I mean imo it wasn't the best one but I never bash it as it WAS a spectacle in that day.

)________________________

For me its SONIC & NEED FOR SPEED
Agree 100%. FF7 was an amzing game. Only 360 fanboys would bash this game. Name another JRPG around it's time that was as good. Dont let fanboyism get in the way.

Around the Network
selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
FF7 faces the typical "we wanna be different n we hate the leading one" disease from people.

I mean imo it wasn't the best one but I never bash it as it WAS a spectacle in that day.

Agree 100%. FF7 was an amzing game. Only 360 fanboys would bash this game. Name another JRPG around it's time that was as good. Dont let fanboyism get in the way.

Suikoden 1 and 2. Suikoden 2 especially. Great game. FF7 was good too, but not as good as many make it out to be. I'd put it behind 6 for sure.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

I used to enjoy the Crash Bandicoot series on the Playstation, but to me it hasn't been as good lately.

Yojimbo said:
For me it is the Zelda serie. Nintendo made three "bad/not good" games in a row, Majoras Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. It might be good for others but after making incredible games like Link to the Past and Ocarina of time I cant accept them.

Well, saying that those three Zelda's were bad is just your opinion. Majority of people and reviewers thought those games were great. It's true TP seemed like OoT all over again, but that's what it seem to be, not what it actually is.

MM and WW are both different takes on the well known formula that started with TLoZ, continued by ALttP, Links Awakening and OoT. Being different doesn't mean they are bad... much less for Zelda, because elitists are always complaining Zelda are the same games all over again. 

MM and WW game were superb games, as they added diversity. I hope next Zelda is a bit different.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Ajax said:
I vote for Breath of Fire.. what the hell happened with BoF V?......

I was going to say Suikoden 4, but hands down BoF Dragon Quarter, god that game was just evil.

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Suikoden 1 and 2. Suikoden 2.

I'd agree on those... Also Persona.  Persona 2.

Final Fantasy 7 was like one of the first RPGs on PS1. If outside of "around that time" and include games on other systems before and i could be here all day naming JRPGs i thought was better.

I could name a number of PS1 RPGs I thought were better too though i believe most of them came out later in the systems life.

If we count SRPGs.... yeesh.

Seriously. It's a sub par JRPG that got a lot of sweet marketing hype.

Kasz216 said:
Aiemond said:
selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Suikoden 1 and 2. Suikoden 2.

I'd agree on those... Also Persona.  Persona 2.

Final Fantasy 7 was like one of the first RPGs on PS1. If outside of "around that time" and include games on other systems before and i could be here all day naming JRPGs i thought was better.

I could name a number of PS1 RPGs I thought were better too though i believe most of them came out later in the systems life.

If we count SRPGs.... yeesh.

Seriously. It's a sub par JRPG that got a lot of sweet marketing hype.

I think alot of people who liked it,praise it because it was the first game to introduce them to JRPGs.Lets face it;the RPG genre was not really popular everywhere until FF7 came out.Many people don't even play any other RPG series besides Final Fantasy,leaving other low budget RPGs not in the mainstream out to dry.

It would have to be FFXII.I cant believe I managed to play this game for 20 hours.It consisted of dull dungeon crawling and watching my characters kill everything in sight as I sat and did nothing.
I hope XIII doesn't end up being similar to this mess.

Myth: the first two were awesome, the third utter crap.
But I felt even more angry for Deus Ex: it wasn't allowed to generate a cult series, after the wonderful first game they did directly a lobotomised sequel.
About Tomb Raider, I enjoyed the first two games, but I really don't know whether I could like the third or not, I simply lost interest, and perhaps the inflation of sequels, when I finished TR2, the fourth was already out, was amongst the reasons.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Shining force

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX