By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game series you used to enjoy, until their was a bad sequel

Dino Crisis I can agree with.

Has anybody mentioned Crash Bandicoot or Spyro The Dragon yet?

Around the Network

Silent Hill: The first 3 were great, but SH4 was a little disappointing. Origins wasn't very good at all, IMO.

Crash Bandicoot: Loved all the games from the PSone gen, but after Crash has been sold, it started to suck, and I stopped caring.

Tomb Raider for me.

And, as an aside, I'm a fan of FFXII, and I've played them all. FF grew up and evolved, not all its players did. Some (me, for example) enjoyed the new direction, some obviously didn't. Hell, I even bought the guide for that game, and I've only ever bought three of those in my life (FFVII, FFXII, MGS4). Each to their own, huh?

I've played all the FF (except 1 and 2) and I think XII is one of the better games in the series as well. It's sure better than VIII. I liked how well the gambits worked for the other two characters, there was alot of content, and the game was just fun. Who cares if its not turn based anymore? It evolved.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Probably Sonic for me.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
I've played all the FF (except 1 and 2) and I think XII is one of the better games in the series as well. It's sure better than VIII. I liked how well the gambits worked for the other two characters, there was alot of content, and the game was just fun. Who cares if its not turn based anymore? It evolved.

The point is... it should of been a new IP instead of cashing in on the FF name.  The game would of lost nothing but some sales if it's name wasn't FF12.

If COD6 was suddenly a squad based tactical SRPG I think people would comlain.

To be fair to Final Fantasy, a lot of people seem to bitch about how stale the series has become (and turnbased JRPGs in general). I think Square Enix is just trying to spice things up a bit, even if it does come at a cost of losing their roots. However, I definitely see why fans would hate this. In the same way, I absolutely hate R6: Vegas and GRAW for completely abandoning what the games used to be about. Not that they are bad games, but the games definitely aren't traditional R6/GR games.

For me it is the Zelda serie. Nintendo made three "bad/not good" games in a row, Majoras Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. It might be good for others but after making incredible games like Link to the Past and Ocarina of time I cant accept them.

Loved the Mega Man and Mega Man X series except for the others.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

Viper1 said:
disolitude said:
Viper1 said:
Top Gear
Turok
Casltevania (console only)
Contra (console only)
Street Fighter (yeah, you heard me)

Crazyness... STF3 is the best one and ALpha is great too. Marvel VS Capcom is great...which one ruied it for you?

Ajax said:

only thing he can say is EX, but that's not in the main series, so it actually can't ruin the series..

It went downhill after Street Fighter 2. The most sublime fighter of all time. They screwed up the pacing, attacks, timing and introduced a bunch of unnecessary gameplay elements just because everybody else was putting them in their games.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I loved street fighter 2 but I really have a hard time playing it today as Alpha and 3rd strike completely overshadow the game.

The entire time while I play 2 I try to parry or do counters and then am pissed cause I cant. Throwing also sucks in part 2...push forward and punch and hope for the best...