By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game series you used to enjoy, until their was a bad sequel

sonic
unreal tournament
tekken after 3 it went downhill

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Around the Network

Suikoden. III was awesome, IV was horrible and V was meh.

FFXII is the only FF ever that I never got tired of battling. The battle system is awesome even though I admit that the story isn't all that great. Its still an awesome game hands down. I didn't like the fact that the real bad guy in the story was obvious and never changed from the very first cut scene.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Definitely Zelda. OoT was great as an exploration game, but the lack of action and difficulty seriously put me off of Zelda. I wish they stayed at least medium difficulty like in LttP. The bosses were so frickin' predictable in OoT.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

ikilledkenny said:
Sonic, Crash, Spyro, Mortal Kombat, and the worst sequel ever, CHRONO CROSS. I HATE that game. It took everything good about Chrono Trigger (second favorite RPG, after Final Fantasy VI), and threw it out the window. Bad characters, moronic combat system, and overall retarded leveling sunk this to the bottom of the ocean.

I actually like chrono cross. It was the first game I knew that had a full 10 on gamespot. However, I never played chrono trigger so I'm not judging chrono cross with the same lens as you

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

just to be clear about everything. FF7 was a great game and had no other merit or extra sales except for that fact. It was a console seller, just like goldeneye was for n64. A game that, after ten minutes of playing, warranted a must have purchase.
Yes, six was amazing. No reason to bash seven for it. suikoden one and two were good as well. But they wouldn't have warranted the console for me.
As far as ff12 goes; it's not just moogles that make the game FF. It is also the flying boats.

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
FaRmLaNd said:
master of orion 3 ruined a once proud turn based dynasty that was the equal to the likes of civilisation.

This man speaks the truth. I was giddy with excitement when I first heard about Masters of Orion 3. Slowly information was released though and it kept sounding worse and worse. Eventually they released the sequel to an amazing turn-based, micromanaging focused game that discouraged any form of micromanagement. I nearly cried when I tried to play it.

Amen! I could not agree further with the two of you. Master of Orion 3 is one of the greatest disasters in strategy gaming history. It is... most sad what happened to that great franchise.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)