By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sadness still in development and Nibris site to open nect week

LOL, we heard this all before, I'm not taking this shit serious anymore.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Ever hear of a game called Heavy Rain for PS3? They hyped the hell out of the game with a pretty intriguing tech demo back at E3 2006. Do you know when they actually began work on actual game content? Just 3 months ago.

Sound familiar?

You said it yourself: they had a TECH DEMO.

I don't want to condone the act of hyping a game years before its release (Duke Nukem Forever?) but that's still more than Nibris has.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Another game that is hyped simply because of it's platform. No track record. No no details. Just a title, and a platform. I'll get excited about this game later. There's too much for me to enjoy NOW, and in the near future.

I've lost any excitement I've had about this game... Its just been too long and there's been such a lack of real information out there. I'll believe it when Nibris puts out *anything*

d21lewis said:
Another game that is hyped simply because of it's platform. No track record. No no details. Just a title, and a platform. I'll get excited about this game later. There's too much for me to enjoy NOW, and in the near future.

What's the address of that rock you live under so I can send you the already publicly released details regarding the game that you missed?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

What's the address of that rock you live under so I can send you the already publicly released details regarding the game that you missed?

There were publicly released details for the Phantom...

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Well whatever the case is for Sadness it's got a while yet before it catches up to Duke Nukem Forever and Too Human in developmental delays stakes. Still, I want this title to be great, it's just that there's so little to go on. So yeah, I'll remain skeptical because until they pony up a demo we have no idea what we're dealing with. It's not like they're Nintendo, who have earned the right to be secretive and still expect us to have confidence in them. It takes years in the industry and consistent quality to earn that sort of respect.

Smash_Brother said:
Viper1 said:

There were publicly released details for the Phantom...

You do know it actually released, don't you?  Well, sort of.   One of their sytem ideas was a keyboard that could be placed on your lap via a built in tray table.  This has seen public release.

The point of my post was that he claimed we knew nothing expect the name and the console which as I'm sure you're aware they've revealed much more than that and is in those details that we are excited.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

/yawn

I'll believe it when its on the shelves....and not a moment sooner.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Vaporware. Didn't Nintendo claim these guys don't even have a dev kit at some point? I can throw out a list of a thousand game features and even scare up some amazing game photos with remarkable ease. If this game ever shows a single gameplay trailer I will be surprised.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229