By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Hate Exclusives Top Spin 3 Edition

So, 2K Sports in their infinite wisdom made the world #2 tennis player (Rafael Nadal) exclusive to the PS3 version of Top Spin 3. Meanwhile world #3 Novak Djokovic is missing entirely.

I fail to see how this is considered acceptable by real tennis fans. For you non-tennis fans, this is like not putting the Boston Red Sox in an MLB game. I suppose with Nadal they just assumed that most of his fans are European, so PS3 was the natural choice.

So, sports (games) fans, tell me: would you buy the latest Madden if EA left out the Packers entirely and made the Patriots an XBOX360 or PS3 exclusive?

Around the Network

I wouldn't buy either. Sports games are pretty boring to me.

Still, this may not have been within EA's reasonable control. Keep in mind that EA needs their permission to put people in these games. If the person says no, that's the end of it. EA could quite possibly not be at fault here.

You lost me once you mentioned American Football, I have never heard of the sox (presumably sounds like "socks")

If the Wii controls work well, and Federer is in it then I don't care. Though unless it is confirmed ot be a hell of a lot better than Wii Sports tennis (unlikely as that is great as it is) then I will not be buying it.

lol didn't know that at all. Well I played TS1 and TS2 on the xbox (360) but never played with a regular player. Always created my own. But if u r really interested, this might suck :D

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

The PS3 also has another exclusive:

World Tour(PS3): Here you can participate in online tournaments, exibition matches etc. World Tour resets every 14 days.

Perhaps SCEE have made some kind of deal in preperation for Wimbledon. Also it's up to the player whether they are represented in a game or not, in the case of Djokovich he most likely refused.

Around the Network

Yea that is odd for 2K to do... no clue why they would do that.

"Like you know"

TWRoO said:

You lost me once you mentioned American Football, I have never heard of the sox (presumably sounds like "socks")

If the Wii controls work well, and Federer is in it then I don't care. Though unless it is confirmed ot be a hell of a lot better than Wii Sports tennis (unlikely as that is great as it is) then I will not be buying it.

Solid point, ok, this is like Arsenal being an exclusive in a Premier League game.

For me that'd be like the Toronto Maple Leafs only being in the PS3 version of NHL. And yeah, that would suck mightily!

It annoys me even for Soul Calibur with Yoda/Darth Vader each exclusive to 360/PS3 so there's no Yoda/Vader fight - ever. WTF? But that's better than this case.

If they want to have an exclusive add legendary people to play not make current players exclusive.

Shameless said:

The PS3 also has another exclusive:

World Tour(PS3): Here you can participate in online tournaments, exibition matches etc. World Tour resets every 14 days.

Perhaps SCEE have made some kind of deal in preperation for Wimbledon. Also it's up to the player whether they are represented in a game or not, in the case of Djokovich he most likely refused.

I thought World Tour was exclusive to the X360.

Whoa, I didn't know about those exclusives and missing players.. Man, that's just dumb dumb dumb. And a wee bit silly. That's like making a Mario Kart game and leaving out, like, err, I dunno, Luigi and Peach or something.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046