By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tales demo up on marketplace. 360 JRPG domination continues?

sc94597 said:

Not really. The highest rated one is lost oddysey with an average of 79%. The rest are average-mediocre. And I assumed you meant rpgs released or not released since you are talking about an unreleased game.

You'll find a tiny proportion of JRPG's score well on meta or GR.  A better measure is Famitsu, which rates LO and BD above 90%. 

In any case, do you have any existing JRPG's on the PS3 that did well on Meta, GR or Famitsu?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

@sc94597, Wii is getting FFXIII and FFXIIIv ? =))
Best RPGs this gen? =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

starcraft said:
sc94597 said:

Not really. The highest rated one is lost oddysey with an average of 79%. The rest are average-mediocre. And I assumed you meant rpgs released or not released since you are talking about an unreleased game.

You'll find a tiny proportion of JRPG's score well on meta or GR.  A better measure is Famitsu, which rates LO and BD above 90%. 

In any case, do you have any existing JRPG's on the PS3 that did well on Meta, GR or Famitsu?

No, but Fire Emblem has about the same score as LO on GR. You 360s fans are too worried about the ps3 coming and taking the rpgs when you shoudl worry about the wii. Anyway I feel this is getting off topic so I am going to stop posting about this hear and make sure my posts are on topic.

CrazzyMan said:
2005 - PS2 is KING of RPG.
2006 - PS2 is KING of RPG.
2007 - PS2 is KING of RPG.
2008 - x360 is KING of RPG.
2009 - PS3 is KING of RPG.

Actually Crazzy, you messed up.  The Xbox 360 dominated last year as well.  It got Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect and Two Worlds.

This year, its getting Tales, Infinite Undiscovery, Fable 2, Too Human and Last Remnant.

Next year, its getting Mass Effect 2, Cry On, Star Ocean 4 and Venetica (and who knows, maybe Blue Dragon 2). 

Now if you wanted to say JRPG's ONLY, you COULD argue the PS3 will beat the Xbox 360 NEXT YEAR ONLY based on FFXIII.  But if you want to argue ALL RPG's, the Xbox 360 has the PS3 beat three years in a row. 

Come to think of it.  Is the PS3 getting one SINGLE WRPG exclusive of note EVER that we've heard about as an exclusive?  And other than the FF games and WKS, is it getting a SINGLE exclusive JRPG of note?

Damn it Shameless, that sig is just too brilliant for words.

Not too excited for this game. Symphonia 2 seems much better.

@ Starcraft

Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3 :)
(not that I know a single thing about either of those...aside from the fact that they're RPG's)

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

No, but Fire Emblem has about the same score as LO on GR. You 360s fans are too worried about the ps3 coming and taking the rpgs when you shoudl worry about the wii. Anyway I feel this is getting off topic so I am going to stop posting about this hear and make sure my posts are on topic.

I'm not worried about the Wii stealing JRPG's, I think its inevitable.  Its also the reason the PS3 will never usurp the Xbox 360's lead in HD JRPG's, even with FFXIII.  I don't think it will take any WRPG's of note though.

CrazzyMan said:
@sc94597, Wii is getting FFXIII and FFXIIIv ? =))
Best RPGs this gen? =)

Lol you must not know the Final Fantasy series very well. P.S not all final fantasy games are good. Did you play the games to know that they are the best? Of course not.  I do see the wii getting dragon quest, KH, Mana, and nintendo will be releasing pokemon and most likely earthbound games. All rpgs that could be of higher quality than final fantasy XIII with the exception of mana.

@starcraft,

PS2
2006-2007:
Wild Arms 4
Grandia 3
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy XII
Tales of Legendia
Valkyrie Profile 2
Tales of the Abyss
Suikoden V
Rogue Galaxy
Disgaea 2
Persona 3
Odin Sphere

x360
2006-2007:
Oblivion(multi)
Enchanted Arms(multi)
Blue Dragon
Two worlds(lol)
Eternal Sonata(multi)
Mass Effect(multi)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
@starcraft,

PS2
2006-2007:
Wild Arms 4
Grandia 3
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy XII
Tales of Legendia
Valkyrie Profile 2
Tales of the Abyss
Suikoden V
Rogue Galaxy
Disgaea 2
Persona 3
Odin Sphere

x360
2006-2007:
Oblivion(multi)
Enchanted Arms(multi)
Blue Dragon
Two worlds(lol)
Eternal Sonata(multi)
Mass Effect(multi)

So in response to me pointing out that the Xbox 360's RPG line-up AND library pawn that of the PS3, you argue that the PS2 won a year thats ALREADY past, and incorrectly label Mass Effect and Eternal Sonata (so far) as appearing on the PS3?

starcraft said:
CrazzyMan said:
@starcraft,

PS2
2006-2007:
Wild Arms 4
Grandia 3
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy XII
Tales of Legendia
Valkyrie Profile 2
Tales of the Abyss
Suikoden V
Rogue Galaxy
Disgaea 2
Persona 3
Odin Sphere

x360
2006-2007:
Oblivion(multi)
Enchanted Arms(multi)
Blue Dragon
Two worlds(lol)
Eternal Sonata(multi)
Mass Effect(multi)

So in response to me pointing out that the Xbox 360's RPG line-up AND library pawn that of the PS3, you argue that the PS2 won a year thats ALREADY past, and incorrectly label Mass Effect and Eternal Sonata (so far) as appearing on the PS3?

Where does he say that Mass Effect appears on the PS3?