By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What Ever Happen To Alan Wake?

Don't worry. There has yet to be a bad high profile game to come out of Finland.

... in all fairness, I can only think of a handful, but they're all good no matter how you spin it. =P

Around the Network

Remedy is a kick-ass team and they've been given all the time they wanted for this one. Can't wait to see what they've come by.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

SnakeEyez said:
Not trolling or anything, but wasn't this game at one point multi-plat or am I going crazy?

This game was being developed for both PS3 and 360 until Microsoft picked up the publishing rights.

This game is gonna be awesome as hell.

makingmusic476 said:
I'm pretty sure they announced a delay to '09. The game looks pretty cool, imo, though I'm having a hard time figuring out what it's about.

A best selling author of horror stories loses the woman he loves (she dies).  He moves to a small lakeside town called 'Bright Falls' and writes a book based on his nightmares.

The town he moved to too recover becomes the town where all his nightmares come to life.  Hes chased mercilessly by demons, haunting figures and a young man called Starcraft screaming "try playing this on a PS3!"

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
I'm pretty sure they announced a delay to '09. The game looks pretty cool, imo, though I'm having a hard time figuring out what it's about.

A best selling author of horror stories loses the woman he loves (she dies).  He moves to a small lakeside town called 'Bright Falls' and writes a book based on his nightmares.

The town he moved to too recover becomes the town where all his nightmares come to life.  Hes chased mercilessly by demons, haunting figures and a young man called Starcraft screaming "try playing this on a PS3!"

Hm... I thought the trailer looked good but looking at the plot I'm actually put off now.  Sounds way too lose to a mix of Silent Hill and that John Carpenter movie... (chick IMDB check)... In the Mouth of Maddness.  STill - hopefully it will be good as I'd rather be optimistic than pesimistic.

I think the bit about the PS3 sounds like it will break the mod of the gme but who knows...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

The story does sound a bit derivative but the gameplay is gonna be awesome. Light is the player's best weapon because it damages the enemies most. I bet they probably have the most amazing lighting engine ever created. I am eagerly awaiting news.

It's probably in development hell.

Games get canceled time and time again. Alan wake could be a DNF.

SnakeEyez said:
Not trolling or anything, but wasn't this game at one point multi-plat or am I going crazy?

It is PC/360.