By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - should i buy the first games or just wait for the sequel?

i'm looking to buy motorstorm, resistance and cod4. should i buy them already or should i just wait for resistance2, cod5 and the new motorstorm?

edit: thanks in advance by the way.

Around the Network

Motorstorm wait (sequel will be a lot better). Cod4 will have nothing to do with Cod5 (so I would pick one or the other.) and resistance you should buy 1 and 2.

Buy the sequels R2 and MS2. But COD5 is going to be a lot worse than COD4. WW2 setting? pass.

I'd say pick up resistance1 and cod4.  Wait for the sequel to motorstorm.

why?  R1 is my 3rd favourite shooter of all time.  cod4 is made by the good developer while number five is made by the bad developer (they alternate).

Yeah, definitely buy COD4. COD5 will be worse.

If you like racing games, you could check out Motorstorm. If not, it isn't vital to play it. I don't like racing games and I had a lot of fun with it mind you.

You could probably just rent Resistance and play through the single player if you wanna know what is going on.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

thanks all, looks like the general consensus is to just wait for motorstorm2 which is what i'll most likely do

i'll probably get cod4 and resistance after i buy ac and uncharted. hopefully i can find a good deal on a used copy.

Get Call of Duty 4. It is one of the best first person shooter ever made. You wont regret it. wait for R2 and MS:P

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX