By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - do you think metal gear solid will stay ps3 exclusive?

finalsquall said:

Is that with Zoom on???  I think it's stupid picking on a game for its gfx when it's better than any console game out there. It's just another picky troll from Senile who doesn't have th game and uses internet pictures and stories/ideas from others.  Who the Fk cares about the macroblocks?  I mean only a few people know that shit.

Great example of looking like an idiot by not reading the thread.

The point is not to criticize MGS4's graphics, it's to find out whether the cutscenes are FMVs or not. Apparently, at least some of them are.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

If you have played the previous games - you know Kojima always makes it in game and not  FMV. I mean you can clearly see it's in game gfx at it's finest.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:

If you have played the previous games - you know Kojima always makes it in game and not  FMV. I mean you can clearly see it's in game gfx at it's finest.

Have you read any posts in this thread?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Definitely PS3 exclusive. One reason cuz of the size of the game. Kojima said that it filled an entire blu-ray disc. Assuming that it is a double layer 50gb disc he used I just dont see a game in the future being released for 360 taking up 6+ double layer dvd's just for the game. Its just too big for the 360 to handle. And swapping discs for installation would b a pain. Also it would isolate many 360 players from playing the game if they own the 360 model with no HDD. So its definitely staying on the PS3.

Just wait until PS3 fanboys get the idea that the cutscenes being FMVs might make it harder to put the game on DVDs for the 360. I bet you they'll suddenly embrace the FMV theory as if it was their own.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I think that if Konami rereleases it as Metal Gear Solid 4 Subsisilicious or whatever, there is a chance that it will be ported over to the 360. Otherwise, probably not.

Systems Owned (in order of purchase)

NES, Genesis, SNES, N64, Xbox, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, Xbox 360, Playstation 3

sieanr said:
You know, its funny that you guys keep arguing this point against me when you own the game, and just spending a couple of minuets watching certain cutscenes will prove that they're not real time.

Play the cutscene at the end of Act 3 and look at the sky. You'll see tons of macroblocking. If that doesn't do it for you, then watch the cutscene at the end of Act 4. Again the macroblocking and posterizing will be most noticeable in the sky.

But I'm sure you'll keep claiming that everything is real time and 60fps. Speaking of which, do you still think that the egg scenes are in-game Leo-j?

I've beaten the game 3 times I didn't notice this at all. What kind of TV are you using? <-- Don't know if this can change that or not but I can't see anything else interfering.

On Topic here are why I think it will be PS3 exclusive:

-Sales are above what they expected

-Sony advirtsied ingame

-File Size

-They have stated that it is a PS3 exclusive

-MGS sold poorly on the Xbox when it was ported

-Game supposedly took advantage of the Cell that hasn't been sued before; making it harder to rewrite code I imagine(I have no expierance on this so someone correct me if I'm wrong).

-People who really want MGS4 prob already shelled out cash for a PS3, further hampering 360 sales of the port

-Microsoft would have to pay for the port(which they won't).