By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ninja Gaiden 2 What a Game...

NG2 definitely kicks ass! I've been having a blast with it. It can be hard though. I've just started level 5 (warrior mode) and I've died like 20-30 times, haha. The tests of valor are pretty tough as well. I haven't had time to play the past few days as I was away from home/playing my new ds lite, hehe, so I haven't advanced yet.

The camera isn't too bad once you get used to it. I do occasionally use the centering camera, but adjusting the camera with the right stick is essential. I didn't have as much trouble with the camera with DMC4, but NG2 is a much better game than DMC4,IMO.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Wow. Could you be more wrong?

The camera is furiously infuriating. And if you haven't died from it, consider yourself lucky. I'm always at the mercy of that son-of-a-bitch.

It's a good game, but me (and every reviewer) would still put the God of War series and DMC series above it.

As someone who liked God of War and God of War 2, there is no question in my mind that Ninja Gaiden 2 is way, way better and makes God of War seem like a child's toy.

I've only played the demo but its made it a definite purchase for me. I wish I hadn't missed the ones back on the original xbox. I feel like I've missed some very important gaming moments :(

FaRmLaNd said:
I've only played the demo but its made it a definite purchase for me. I wish I hadn't missed the ones back on the original xbox. I feel like I've missed some very important gaming moments :(

You can play Ninja Gaiden Black (a better remake of the original) on the 360, as it's supported through backwards compatibility. It even upscales the game which makes it look better.

You can even get it online from Xbox Originals, it's a 5 something GB download but it's worth it (and cheap).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Does anyone know if the camera controls in the demo are exactly the same as in-game? I just couldn't quite get the camera to behave the way I wanted it to *on its own*. I found I had to constantly correct the camera during battle so I knew what was going on. I'm going to buy this eventually but I'd really love it if the camera were a little higher up -- i.e. looking downward just a tad more. From the demo, it returns to the field level as soon as I release control... It is frustrating but perhaps something I can learn to deal with in order to enjoy the hack-n-slash glory (and it is glorious) therein.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
NG2 definitely kicks ass! I've been having a blast with it. It can be hard though. I've just started level 5 (warrior mode) and I've died like 20-30 times, haha. The tests of valor are pretty tough as well. I haven't had time to play the past few days as I was away from home/playing my new ds lite, hehe, so I haven't advanced yet.

The camera isn't too bad once you get used to it. I do occasionally use the centering camera, but adjusting the camera with the right stick is essential. I didn't have as much trouble with the camera with DMC4, but NG2 is a much better game than DMC4,IMO.

The only Test of Valor I had trouble with was 5 (on chapter 7). Having to fight 10+ (although not all at once) of those mecha soldiers while ninja's are shooting rockets at you = not fun. It's definitely the hardest one. Flying swallow FTW!

People that complain about the camera either: 1. haven't taken the time to master the camera's controls or 2. are too lazy to realize that you can change the camera height, etc. on the settings menu. Edit: checked and I was wrong. You can only change the camera's control and speed.

I've played NG2 and i like it. However i think it has a few problems that stops it being a 10 game.

- The camera is crap at certain moments
- Literally a stupid story line (for me)
- Graphics arnt that a big improvement from Sigma

However i praise it for it's violence and fast paced gameplay, not a GOW in my eyes though.

I don't like it as much as Black so far, but it's definitely miles ahead of any other hack and slash game. I feel like I could beat GoW with my eyes closed after playing this.

eNamrah said:
smbu2000 said:

The only Test of Valor I had trouble with was 5 (on chapter 7). Having to fight 10+ (although not all at once) of those mecha soldiers while ninja's are shooting rockets at you = not fun. It's definitely the hardest one. Flying swallow FTW!

People that complain about the camera either: 1. haven't taken the time to master the camera's controls or 2. are too lazy to realize that you can change the camera height, etc. on the settings menu.

I didn't notice the camera settings, although the default is fine by me. Might be useful for some people though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

From what I have seen/played of both, there is no comparison between NG and GoW in general - NG >>>> GW by a long way.

They are sort of different games though, so it may just come down to preference.

The entire NG series is amazing - I'd seriously love any of them to come to the Wii (even the DS demo was amazing).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099