By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which has a better game line up for 2008 xbox360 or ps3

davygee said:
BrayanA said:

Full XBOX 360 list for 2008 (42 games so far):
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=19165

Full PS3 list (21 games so far):
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=19171

Looks like Alone in the Dark 2008 will be incidentally timed 360/Wii exclusive

I don't see a huge number of 360 exclusive titles in there though...most of the 360 games are PC games as well.

Also Alone in the Dark isn't a timed exclusive...the PS3 development is taking longer and the PS3 game will come out in September instead of this month or next.

360 games on PC still count as exclusive in my opinion because you can't play them on your PS3.

Sure you can play them on the PC but remember who Microsoft are. It's because they have games coming out on PC/360  that the list is able to be so large. This is great for me because this means more games for my 360.

Around the Network

I say the PS3 with Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Resistance 2
Little Big Planet
and Socom Confrontation. but take my opinions with a grain of salt.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

@disolitude
I agree with you on some level because I love Team Fortress and those two games are revered in the gaming community, but I don't understand why there is so much hype for Left 4 Dead. Based on 4 of the gametrailers videos I have watched, it doesn't seem like there's much depth. You basically around killing the same type of zombies with the same type of guns in the same dark environments. I'm sure I would enjoy it for a good 5 or so hours but after that ... you know?
The fact that it's made by valve is comforting but from what I have seen I am not too impressed by anything aside from the general idea. They just need to expand it more. If you know more about the game than I do then please tell me about it because I want to like it. I can never get enough good shooters.

PS3 has the best 2008 line up but 360 has the best 2008 game (Gears 2)

ToastyJaguar said:
davygee said:
BrayanA said:

I don't see a huge number of 360 exclusive titles in there though...most of the 360 games are PC games as well.

Also Alone in the Dark isn't a timed exclusive...the PS3 development is taking longer and the PS3 game will come out in September instead of this month or next.

360 games on PC still count as exclusive in my opinion because you can't play them on your PS3.

Sure you can play them on the PC but remember who Microsoft are. It's because they have games coming out on PC/360  that the list is able to be so large. This is great for me because this means more games for my 360.

What you said is just stupid.

If a 360 game is on PC then it's not exclusive.

If a 360 is on Wii then it's not exclusive.

If a 360 game is on PS3 then it's not exclusive.

See how that works? Microsoft doesn't get a cent from PC games, and Microsoft is not supporting PC Gaming at all. What MS is doing is trying to attract PC gamers to buy Xbox 360's. If anything, Microsoft is harming PC gaming.

Someone says Left 4 Dead is exclusive, but how can it be when several people will choose to buy the PC version instead on the 360 version (them having both platforms, just like I suspect my brother will do)?

Around the Network
shio said:
ToastyJaguar said:
davygee said:
BrayanA said:

What you said is just stupid.

If a 360 game is on PC then it's not exclusive.

If a 360 is on Wii then it's not exclusive.

If a 360 game is on PS3 then it's not exclusive.

See how that works? Microsoft doesn't get a cent from PC games, and Microsoft is not supporting PC Gaming at all. What MS is doing is trying to attract PC gamers to buy Xbox 360's. If anything, Microsoft is harming PC gaming.

Someone says Left 4 Dead is exclusive, but how can it be when several people will choose to buy the PC version instead on the 360 version (them having both platforms, just like I suspect my brother will do)?

Answer this: what operating system do pc gamers use?

You're are right about the fact that multiplatform games are not exclusive but there is definitely an incentive for Microsoft to push PC gaming. It's just not about selling games. It's about using games as a selling point for consumers in order to make royalties on their software packaged into the hardware.

davygee said:

PS3 Exclusives for 2008:

• Afrika
  • Disgaea 3
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
  • Heavy Rain
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
  • Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
  • Resistance 2
  • Siren: Blood Curse
  • SOCOM: Confrontation
  • Tekken 6
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • White Knight Chronicles

XBOX 360 Exclusives for 2008:

• Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
  • Fable II
  • Gears of War 2
  • Infinite Undiscovery
  • Ninja Gaiden II
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Too Human
  • Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

You can decide for yourselves what has the best lineup for 2008.  The 360 has a few big hitters, especially GeOW2, but IMHO, the PS3 has overall the best lineup this year overall.

bolded ones ive bought/will be buying PS3 - 7, 360 - 2

Here it goes (by the years)
2006: 360
2007: 360
2008: 360
2009: ps3
I know, biased

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

ps3, because resistance 2, socom, tekken little big planet, come on please dont be stupid