By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft coping the Wii, The end or a new beginning of the xbox360?

I just realized that developers could go back and add patches to their games if they wanted to add motion control functionality. This would be huge considering the back catalog. M$ might just pay money for developers to do this.

Around the Network

^^^^
NO! Motion controls verses regular game controller... unfair.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

^^Depending on the game dude. With FPS games I really don't like the Wii controls, and I know for a fact I could whoop someone's ass if I had a controller and they had the WiiMote. Now mouse and keyboard is a different story.

But if it does give an advantage this could make for a higher adoption rate from the hardcore gamers since they will want the upper hand. Microsoft just might think that way as well.

@ jaggedSac
you are right about it depending on the game, actually, your whole post makes sense.

"But if it does give an advantage this could make for a higher adoption rate from the hardcore gamers since they will want the upper hand. Microsoft just might think that way as well."

this is what I was thinking, but it would really suck for people who can't get the new controller, so I didn't post it. But in a way, people already cheat/use the cheapest moves in a game that it wouldn't matter.... But it could help the people that cheat!

Actually, the wii-mote being used in halo3 would help me, My sensitivity in halo3 is at 1! It's the only reason I've gotten to level 40.
I don't know, I just suck with using the regular controller in games.
A mouse and keyboard would be the best controller, but there are only third party, crappy mouses for the 360 and keyboards for the 360.
Then again, the x-mote and Mouse & keyboard would not work in every game.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

^^Yep, Halo 2 was fraught with people cheating. It is a good thing they pretty much completely eradicated cheaters in Halo 3.

Around the Network

SO I guess SONY copying MS in adding a HDD, In game music and chat, achievements, XBL features they admit 360 is a better console. Plz SONY fanboys, stop hating on the 360. It's a start and at least MS is trying to expand their library with RPG's and now X-mote while the PS3 is still trying to catch up to the 360(in game music/chat, PSN). And I bet SONY will copy the Wii too if the x-mote becomes popular. And if you look at the PS3 they copied the six axis and it is now crap, they copied the installation of a HDD and now its being filled up by mandatory installs and DS3 had to come back to the failure of the six axis, also PSN is still far behind XBL and with XBL getting more support it seems it will never catch up. So I don't see how PS3's done better.

Everyone copies everyone. Thats business. Just because the 360 might get some casual games (and thus attract a new audience t the console) doesn't mean the hardcore titles will stop flowing.

X-mote could be a good thing for 360, if they can make it a little better than the wiimote. I can't see a reason why it could be "the beginning of the end". Those avatars.. well, they are useless. Will they replace the gamer picture or what?

Wtf, ms would lose some "street cred" because they might make a copy of wiimote? Some people are really delusional.

LOL, I don't think M$ has any "street cred" to lose.

i think its a new begining