By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is The Xbox 360 Sales Right Or Wrong?

Does anyone think that all the replaced Xbox 360's effects the sales much? Like what drkohler said that it could be approximately 200000 units that are fake, does that sound right? or do you guys think it's much more?

You can't help but root for the underdog, GO PS3!

End of 08' Sales

Wii:                      39.56

Xbox 360:           24.75

Playstation 3:     20.58

Around the Network
disrupt3r said:
starcraft said:
And we still haven't heard a single instance of a manufactured post-October system breaking down. Given how much of a hard-on the internet has for any and all cases of Rrod, thats something.

well i can confirm that there is atleast one. i bought a xbox 360 console about 6 weeks ago and it lasted a total of 15 minutes while playing halo 3 before it froze, turned off then had the 3 red rings when turned back on.

Actually Starcraft, the console will still give RROD, infact mine blipped it at me a couple of months ago when I knocked the power lead out. What it means essentially is somethings broken and its not the Drive or the Hard Disk Drive. The better statement is : Microsoft has fixed the faults that caused the original problem to be brought up, but like any other system faults do happen, but it is within the normal range for consoles now. @"cant see your name because this forum thing is messed up"... Too bad about the 360! Did the repair experience go well? It just sounds like a manufacturing fault, or a fault that developed in transport/handling. Could have been something like the GPU or CPU heatsink misaligned...

Tease.

disrupt3r said:
starcraft said:
And we still haven't heard a single instance of a manufactured post-October system breaking down. Given how much of a hard-on the internet has for any and all cases of Rrod, thats something.

well i can confirm that there is atleast one. i bought a xbox 360 console about 6 weeks ago and it lasted a total of 15 minutes while playing halo 3 before it froze, turned off then had the 3 red rings when turned back on.

Do you have some sort of evidence to corroborate this?

Are you sure the Xbox 360 was manufactured October or later?

Only we've had a lot of people sign up to this website just to make false Rrod claims, and with a name like disrupt3r................... 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Lets say... 6.4 million of the 360 sales are fake.... how come software sales are double that of PS3 soft sales?

starcraft said:
disrupt3r said:
starcraft said:

well i can confirm that there is atleast one. i bought a xbox 360 console about 6 weeks ago and it lasted a total of 15 minutes while playing halo 3 before it froze, turned off then had the 3 red rings when turned back on.

Do you have some sort of evidence to corroborate this?

Are you sure the Xbox 360 was manufactured October or later?

Only we've had a lot of people sign up to this website just to make false Rrod claims, and with a name like disrupt3r................... 

You an Nancy-boy? You a damn filthy sand piggel?

Discrimination!

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

Discrimination!

Ha, er....you may want to take that one down. I know what the joke is, but many American's may think its directed at them..............

starcraft said:
Squilliam said:

You an Abbo-boy? You a damn filthy sand nigger?

Discrimination!

Ha, er....you may want to take that one down.  I know what the joke is, but many American's may think its directed at them..............

ok

Tease.

barshank said:
Lets say... 6.4 million of the 360 sales are fake.... how come software sales are double that of PS3 soft sales?
 This post is brilliant. This proves this thread is fail. 

Squilliam said:
starcraft said:
Squilliam said:

You an Abbo-boy? You a damn filthy sand nigger?

Discrimination!

Ha, er....you may want to take that one down. I know what the joke is, but many American's may think its directed at them..............

ok

HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A PIGGLE!!!!!

we should also take into account traded in consoles.