By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How do you rip 2D sprites from a PS1 game, even with 3D backgrounds?

I want to do this with Wild ARMs 2. I'm just wondering how you would do it. Is an emulator required (I do have a PS1, and the game would be a legitimate copy)? Do some allow removal of layers like "ZSNES" and "VirtualBoy Advance"?

BTW, if this is not an appropriate subject for this board, I will drop this. If it's an okay subject, then how would I do it? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

No one knows how?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

There is a way to use an emulator an rip assets out. Its done by a special graphics plugin. I know you can get 3-d model with it, but I'm not sure about sprites, although considering thats its sitting in VRAM I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I can't remember its name or anything, so you'll have to google that shit.

If worse comes to worse, try and find out if the sprites have been ripped by someone else. Or just use screenshots.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

If you have the .iso you would likely need some rom hacking skills to extract the images from the media.

The alternative is simply to photoshop the images out of the backgrounds yourself.

Either way you're likely looking at a fair bit of work. 

Words Of Wisdom said:

If you have the .iso you would likely need some rom hacking skills to extract the images from the media.

The alternative is simply to photoshop the images out of the backgrounds yourself.

Either way you're likely looking at a fair bit of work. 

Since I don't plan on pirating, I could likely get the ISO from the discs themselves (not to upload).