By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS2 outdated sales

I was just having a look at some of the sales and noticed the sales for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=3774. 5.56 million is clearly an outdated number. Already a few years ago it was reported that the game had passed the 7 million mark. And having just asked Konami myself, they said that as of this year the sales numbers are over 8 million worldwide.
VG Chartz with the most up-to-date numbers - no way!
Would be nice if they updated the numbers once in a while...

Around the Network

They try to find sales data the best they can

They probably include the sales of mgs2 on the xbox and pc too.

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?
mrpapaye said:

This.  Konami's sales include all forms of MGS2, including MGS2 and MGS2 Substance for the ps2, MGS2 for the PC, and MGS2 Substance for the Xbox.

makingmusic476 said:
mrpapaye said:

This. Konami's sales include all forms of MGS2, including MGS2 and MGS2 Substance for the ps2, MGS2 for the PC, and MGS2 Substance for the Xbox.

Anyway out of 8 million at least 7 million were sold on PS2. MGS3 sold 5 million with substance and is still considered a bomb. While Gears of war shipped 4.7 million recently.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
mrpapaye said:

This. Konami's sales include all forms of MGS2, including MGS2 and MGS2 Substance for the ps2, MGS2 for the PC, and MGS2 Substance for the Xbox.

There was no PC version.

Deviation59 said:
makingmusic476 said:
mrpapaye said:

There was no PC version.

Metal Gear Solid 1 and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance were released on PC.

You'll notice that MGS2: Substance is counted separately. Its sales are irrelevant.