By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Civilization Revolution (PS3 vs 360)

Since it is multiplayer, I'll be getting it on the 360. The DS version looks decent too. Reminds me of the original Civ.

The demo certainly looked good on the 360. What will be new is a multiplayer Civ game that can be finished in one sitting. I do wish they had included multiplayer saving though.

btw, discussing graphics and Civ is hilarious. It is a turn based strategy game, not an FPS or action game. The graphics are not stunning. I think the game is going to look damn near identical on both systems. In fact, if there was a game where they could have true 1080p this generation, it would probably be Civ.

I give this thread a 9.8.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Rath said:
The X360 version looks better than the PS3 version, just wait for a gametrailers comparison and you'll see what I mean.
Gametrailers.....LMFAO

lol, you're fat?

Not at all, but thanks for asking and for your interest in my physical appearance. However I must tell you that I don't go that route, sorry. Best of luck in your search.

Profcrab said:
Since it is multiplayer, I'll be getting it on the 360. The DS version looks decent too. Reminds me of the original Civ.

The demo certainly looked good on the 360. What will be new is a multiplayer Civ game that can be finished in one sitting. I do wish they had included multiplayer saving though.

btw, discussing graphics and Civ is hilarious. It is a turn based strategy game, not an FPS or action game. The graphics are not stunning. I think the game is going to look damn near identical on both systems. In fact, if there was a game where they could have true 1080p this generation, it would probably be Civ.

I give this thread a 9.8.

I was going to type the same thing.

Who cares what this looks like? It's a friggin' Civ game, for crying out loud. High res textures aren't going to help you squash those evil Mongol bastards. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I was thinking along the same lines but it was so laughable that I didn't even bother to mention it. civ could be on the crappiest pc in the world and still be a great game it simply doesn't matter at all how great the graphics or animation or audio is.

FilaBrasileiro said:
Strategyking92 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Rath said:
The X360 version looks better than the PS3 version, just wait for a gametrailers comparison and you'll see what I mean.
Gametrailers.....LMFAO

lol, you're fat?

Not at all, but thanks for asking and for your interest in my physical appearance. However I must tell you that I don't go that route, sorry. Best of luck in your search.

Don't worry, I will find a fatty on this site!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

I wouldn't trust a Wii vs PS3 comparison from game trailers , proly make the Wii look better if they was paid enough.

Mifely said:
selnor said:
Mifely said:
They're indistinguishable, for the most part. I think my PS3 tends to look better (upscales better? not sure), but that's probably not true for everyone who owns both.

Honestly Civ: Rev seems way too simplistic for me. I much prefer Civ4 on the PC.

Thats impossible(and from what I've seen) the PS3 upscales via software whereas 360 has an upsclaer chip built in.

Since when is upscaling hardware better than software, and not merely faster (and unchanging, which is not always a benefit)?

If upscaling is done in software on the PS3... then its not very expensive (or its done on a SPU), and thus is almost pointless to have done in hardware to begin with. If upscaling was expensive, you might get a "better" version by having hardware that can do a more complex algorithm in the same amount of time (or less). From what I'm seeing with Civ:Rev, the PS3 is looking cleaner.

Say, for argument's sake, the PS3 uses the 7th, reserved SPU (Sony reserves one... devs only get to use 6), to do upscaling, amongst several other tasks. A SPU is a ridiculously powerful processor for many different kinds of algorithms (image processing included), and any cheap (meaning an inexpensive component MS might add to their hardware) "hardware" implementation could possibly (even probably) be completely blown away by a "software" SPU upscaler, in terms of both speed and quality.

Its my opinion, that my PS3 looks better when upscaling than my 360 does. That's that. Lots of folks agree with me. Plenty don't. Sorry that you don't like my opinion, but... its far from "impossible".

With that said then you go against every PC review I've seen that says using software to upscale to a HD image is worse than buying a GPU with the ability built in as hardware. But we are human and your opinion does count. Seriously I'm not taking the piss, I hate arguing about my favourite hobby. :) 

Strategyking92 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Rath said:
Gametrailers.....LMFAO

lol, you're fat?

F for 'fucking'

@ selnor )

yea, hardware scaling is much better than software scaling and no, the PS3 doesn't use a pure-software-scaling - it has a chip, that scales the vertical res. , while the horizontal res. is scaled by software (search for the article on arstechnica for more information about it)

in my opinion this system works very well (for example the DVDs look fanatstic), but you might have a different opinion

btw good luck on your sig-prediction, you'll need it