By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Civilization Revolution (PS3 vs 360)

The demo seemed promising. Waiting for some reviews to get a general feel for what works / doesnt work before purchasing.

Around the Network

They're indistinguishable, for the most part. I think my PS3 tends to look better (upscales better? not sure), but that's probably not true for everyone who owns both.

Honestly Civ: Rev seems way too simplistic for me. I much prefer Civ4 on the PC.

Rath said:
The X360 version looks better than the PS3 version, just wait for a gametrailers comparison and you'll see what I mean.
  Gametrailers.....LMFAO   

Man I just hope that Civ has uncompressed audio. If any game needs it, it is this one.

Rath said:
The X360 version looks better than the PS3 version, just wait for a gametrailers comparison and you'll see what I mean.

Like all those gametrailers comparisons that were proved to be forgeries... I would trust GameTrailers for anything these days.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

Around the Network
boycop said:
Rath said:

Like all those gametrailers comparisons that were proved to be forgeries... I would trust GameTrailers for anything these days.

You might want to edit your post, you are giving conflicting comments.

This version plays perfectly well without a keyboard and mouse. After playing the demo several times I don't think its dumbed down, its more streamlined and targeting a different much faster gameplay model. It wont ever supplant the main pc civs but its still a great game from what I've seen.

Mifely said:
They're indistinguishable, for the most part. I think my PS3 tends to look better (upscales better? not sure), but that's probably not true for everyone who owns both.

Honestly Civ: Rev seems way too simplistic for me. I much prefer Civ4 on the PC.

Thats impossible(and from what I've seen) the PS3 upscales via software whereas 360 has an upsclaer chip built in.

selnor said:
Mifely said:

Honestly Civ: Rev seems way too simplistic for me. I much prefer Civ4 on the PC.

Thats impossible(and from what I've seen) the PS3 upscales via software whereas 360 has an upsclaer chip built in.

Since when is upscaling hardware better than software, and not merely faster (and unchanging, which is not always a benefit)?

If upscaling is done in software on the PS3... then its not very expensive (or its done on a SPU), and thus is almost pointless to have done in hardware to begin with. If upscaling was expensive, you might get a "better" version by having hardware that can do a more complex algorithm in the same amount of time (or less). From what I'm seeing with Civ:Rev, the PS3 is looking cleaner.

Say, for argument's sake, the PS3 uses the 7th, reserved SPU (Sony reserves one... devs only get to use 6), to do upscaling, amongst several other tasks. A SPU is a ridiculously powerful processor for many different kinds of algorithms (image processing included), and any cheap (meaning an inexpensive component MS might add to their hardware) "hardware" implementation could possibly (even probably) be completely blown away by a "software" SPU upscaler, in terms of both speed and quality.

Its my opinion, that my PS3 looks better when upscaling than my 360 does. That's that. Lots of folks agree with me. Plenty don't. Sorry that you don't like my opinion, but... its far from "impossible".

FilaBrasileiro said:
Rath said:
  Gametrailers.....LMFAO   

lol, you're fat?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive