By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft says no deal - Yahoo saddened by their own epic failure.

for those that arent aware...google has about three quarters of the market.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

"Even today, MS is perfectly free to make deals with competitors without worrying about antitrust scrutiny (and, in fact, deals were a part of the settlement between MS and Apple over certain antitrust matters)"

False, Microsoft can't take a figurative piss without someone saying they are fucking everyone else over.

Google and Yahoo make up around like 90% of the search business, if they join, how the hell would that not be monopolistic?

JaggedSac said:
"Even today, MS is perfectly free to make deals with competitors without worrying about antitrust scrutiny (and, in fact, deals were a part of the settlement between MS and Apple over certain antitrust matters)"

False, Microsoft can't take a figurative piss without someone saying they are fucking everyone else over.

Google and Yahoo make up around like 90% of the search business, if they join, how the hell would that not be monopolistic?

They're not joining.  They have a non-exclusive deal for search advertising purposes.

Don't worry -- they can't compete with MS.  MS said, after all, that Google is just a house of cards and that they were going to make windows live search competitive.  *snicker* 

Rath said:
How on earth does a massive multi-billion dollar company that appears to be heading towards a monopoly get so much love from people? People still treat Google as if it is the underdog despite the fact that its one of the largest companies around.

It confuses me too, but I still lke Google. There is just something likeable about them unlike Microsoft/Yahoo.

Now lets just hope that Microsoft turns their cash to buying EA...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.