By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why wasn't Tales of Destiny 2 (ToD's sequel, not ToE) released in the West?

Soriku said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
It's probably a combination of Namco being weary for Tales releases in the US because they never knew how to advertise them, and SCEA blocking 2D games from localization.

SCEA blocked 2D games for localization? WTF is this garbage? If that's the reason, screw you SCEA! :( But as for Namco, they could've given it to SCEA for localization as long as SCEA would agree on releasing it. I mean, ToE made it just fine in the US :(

Early in the PS1's life SCEA basically wanted to tout the 3d abilities of their console and they were very restrictive towards developers releasing 2d games in the West. That's why there weren't very many 2d games available for the PS1 in the early time of it's release. I think a while later they relented and were more agreeable towards 2d games, after the PS1 had been established as the market leader.

OT: I'm really surprised by that. They released ToE as ToD2? hahaha. Did they ever release the PS2 ToD remake in the US? 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"