By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Final Fantasy is the best?

Kasz216 said:
memory2zack said:
Sorry, that chinese FFVII nes remake looks fugly. FFVII had good graphics for its time, I compared it back then to other games and it looked gorgeous, especially in battles.

So did I. I owned the game at launch... it's the game I bought the system for basically.

It looked horrible... as did most PS1/N64 games. There wasn't much worthy of SNES level until near the end of the generation.

you should try a career as stand-up comedian Kasz, you sure have the talent for it lol

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

These are the ones I have played.

FFI (barely remember it though, it's probably my first JRPG experience)
FFIII (decent)
FFIV (very good)
FFVI (very good)
FFVII (loved the Weapons & materia, everything else... ugh)
FFVIII (the card game rocked! the rest, not so much)
FFIX (a bit of a return to roots, quite good)
FFX (Tidus made me stop playing, what a jackass character)
FFXII (barely played it at all, just a few minutes, didn't care for combat)

Out of those, I have to go with FFIV & VI. I'm eagerly awaiting the 3D FFIV for DS.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Sansui said:
FF4 or FF6. FFX ranks dead last

This is correct, although I might argue that 7 was the worst of the series because it was the exact time when the final fantasy series when from being fantastic to being unplayable and a love-triangle fest about highschool aged drama. 

memory2zack said:
I played it on PC on 1998 and compared it to other games back then and found that it had good graphics.

Sorry , but FFVII looked ugly as hell even for it's time. Are you sure you played the same game I played. The only reason why fans thought it had good graphics was the FMV.

My favorite is FF8 with FFX shortly after. Triple Triad Cards FTW! Also Blitzball was amazing.

Right now Im playing FF12, and its meh compared to FFX

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network

the haters of FFVII actually honor it with every hate-post they drop; cause great things, also have vicious enemies, the need to bash FFVII every possible time only shows how great the game is considered

''Hadouken!''

FF 7 is one of my favorites and it was no my first one. I started with 8, then started with 9 and finished that. THen finished 8. Then i moved back to 7 and i loved it big time.

FF X 7 8 are my favorites. Any given day they will change.

Worst-FF 12 FF x-2

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Ajax said:
the haters of FFVII actually honor it with every hate-post they drop; cause great things, also have vicious enemies, the need to bash FFVII every possible time only shows how great the game is considered

It is my 4th favorite Final Fantasy but in no way did it have good graphics. It also seems to only be the best to people who played it as their first rpg or final fantasy. It is highly overrated in the same way that OoT is overrated. 

memory2zack said:
I played it on PC on 1998 and compared it to other games back then and found that it had good graphics.

The PC version had updated graphics.(to mu knowledge.  People actually had fingers I hear.)  Try playing the original PS1 version.

Ajax said:

Great things have a lot of people who hate them.

By that logic Hitler was the greatest man ever.

Either way... Popular doesn't = great.

You loved it... that's great for you... it was still a hyped up mess that signaled the start of the decline of one of the best RPG franchises that ever existed.