By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Final Fantasy is the best?

FF VI and IX easily. VII is garbage

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network
quarashi said:

Is not garbage, but is also not so good. The story is meh and the batlle system is not so good. Plus the load times are insane.

Problem is, the game is very popular because it was the first Final Fantasy in 3D, and because it was the first Final Fantasy and the first jRPG for millions of new gamers (gamers who are now 18 or 16 that didn't grow up with the NES and SNES)

. And of course, all the majority of Sony fanboys are going to say that FF7 is the best in the series.

But i you ask a FF fan, a fan of the games and not the systems, there's no way that he is going to say that 7 is the best.

Final Fantsy 6, 4 or 10 are a lot better than 7 in every aspect.

in order(those i've played)

ff9(best music of them all. graphics and gameplay were the best on ps1 and it had a very good story)

ff7(best story, good gameplay and good graphics at that time)

ffx(nice music, story and gameplay, voice acting(dubbed) was truly horrificly bad

ff12(nice music, gamplay and story, but i didnt fancy the characters)

ff8( nice music and story ,but it had some bugs and gamplay wise it was just to easy, all you had to do was to summon the gods all the time.

but i got to say i think ff13 or ff13versus might be able to knock 9 of the throne. ff versus especially due to the fact that the main character is neither, gay, emo or goofy(according to nomura) nomura even said many people wont like him and that makes me like him, i love to play "evil" characters.

masterb8tr said:
in order(those i've played)

ff9(best music of them all. graphics and gameplay were the best on ps1 and it had a very good story)

ff7(best story, good gameplay and good graphics at that time)

ffx(nice music, story and gameplay, voice acting(dubbed) was truly horrificly bad

ff12(nice music, gamplay and story, but i didnt fancy the characters)

ff8( nice music and story ,but it had some bugs and gamplay wise it was just to easy, all you had to do was to summon the gods all the time.

but i got to say i think ff13 or ff13versus might be able to knock 9 of the throne. ff versus especially due to the fact that the main character is neither, gay, emo or goofy(according to nomura) nomura even said many people wont like him and that makes me like him, i love to play "evil" characters.

This is what I was talking about... the first FF for a lot of gamers was 7.

For me the 6 then 9,7,10,4 all in second place then 3 and 8

Around the Network

FFVI.End of story. ;)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Fernando said:
quarashi said:

Is not garbage, but is also not so good. The story is meh and the batlle system is not so good. Plus the load times are insane.

Problem is, the game is very popular because it was the first Final Fantasy in 3D, and because it was the first Final Fantasy and the first jRPG for millions of new gamers (gamers who are now 18 or 16 that didn't grow up with the NES and SNES)

. And of course, all the majority of Sony fanboys are going to say that FF7 is the best in the series.

But i you ask a FF fan, a fan of the games and not the systems, there's no way that he is going to say that 7 is the best.

I agree with you on the 3D thing.  You are right about it being so popular because it launched on the PS1.  It introduced a whole bunch of people to the franchise and people fell in love with it no doubt.  I always had a thing with SNES rpgs so to me VI is way better.  IX was also good to me because of the setting, it actually went back to being a fantasy.  

I say its garbage because there are so many people who vow it is the best game of all time when they have really not played any of the other ones.  I really didn't like the story to much and the battle system was ok for me. 

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Fernando said:
quarashi said:

I'm fan of the games and I think that FF7 is the best one and I am not between 16-18. People needs to stop looking for excuses why so many likes FF7.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

II, IV, V, VI, VII, Tactics, Vagrant Story (It's set in Ivalice), X, X-2, and XII. (not in preferential order; I love all of these.  Haven't played III, VIII, IX, and XI).