By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What do you think of this deal?

So, as some of you may know, I'm officially buying a 360 for Star Ocean 4.

I found today on craigslist an ad for a used Arcade SKU 360, thaty comes with PGR3, and an extra  wired controller on top of what already comes in the Arcade SKU. All of the original paperwork comes with the system, and it's still in the box. He's asking 200 for everything.

Should I go for it? or just pick up a Pro SKU?

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network

That's a really good deal, and you can buy a harddrive for really cheap anyways. Go for it.

Didn't we go over this with Captain Preferences a month or two ago?

While your deal doesn't sound nearly as fantastic/unbelievable as his, I guarantee you one of two things will happen:
1) It's a used 360 with no receipt and probably even refurbished so there will be no warranty.
2) It has been modded.

You're really better off just getting a new one.

-edit-

I should learn to read better, ignore point number 1.  Still though, I wouldn't trust the seller and would just get a new one. 

It has not been modded, and I posted above that all of the original paperwork comes with it.

We'll miss you George.

Its a very good deal but why not get a new one or an elite?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

Because this one is cheaper. :)

Unfortunately, with MGS4 coming out this week, I've spent 80 on the pre-order, 60 for a DS3 which i hear is pretty much required to enjoy MGS4, and that leaves me with about 400 to last until next paycheck.

We'll miss you George.

Domo-Kun said:
Because this one is cheaper. :)

Unfortunately, with MGS4 coming out this week, I've spent 80 on the pre-order, 60 for a DS3 which i hear is pretty much required to enjoy MGS4, and that leaves me with about 400 to last until next paycheck.

Is there a reason you can't wait until your next paycheck? I would assume you're going to be playing MGS4 for a while so there shouldn't be a huge rush to get a 360.

Deals are always nice but sometimes you just have to pay more or else you will get screwed in the end. 

I guess there is no reason why I can't, other than I don't want to. I've contacted MS customer service, and the warranty on this one is good, so I'm not gonna get screwed if it RRoD in a week.

Besides, for what I'm getting with this one, all I need is a Hard drive, and I basiclly have a pro SKU for about 60 bucks cheaper than what I would pay retail.

We'll miss you George.

Yeah, but you have no idea what this guy has done to his console.

You don't know for sure that it hasn't been modded or the seal on the case hadn't been cracked open (because that will void the warranty). If either of those have been done and you don't notice or buy it anyways, you're screwed.

If the system has been refurbished you also don't get your warranty (since they have to open the case to do that). He can still say he has all the original paperwork as he got it but that doesn't mean it isn't refurbished.

The system could have also RRoD the day before and he just does the towel trick before you pick it up to make you believe it works. Yeah, best case you still have the warranty but you still have to go through the hassle of sending it in and waiting.

Call me pessimistic but people are scum and they will do anything to screw.  Sure, there are good people out there but just assume everyone isn't.

Bro, just go buy one brand new from a local Best Buy.