By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much do you reckon Sony paid for MGS4 exclusivity?

bbsin said:

Broaden their bases? If that's the case, then Mass Effect and Bioshock shouldn't be on that list either. ME was funded by Microsoft and Bioshock/Star Ocean was paid for to REMAIN exclusive on the 360 for an undisclosed amount of time. Resistance was funed by Sony and MGS4/FF13 were in all likelyhood paid for to REMAIN exclusive to the PS3. Regardless, you pointed out that Sony is buying all the wrong exclusives, yet you only pointed out the exclusives that has failed. Money Hatting is Money Hatting right? As long as that rule applies, my examples fits yours to a tee.

Fair enough.  Perhaps it would have been better if I'd listed every game assumed to have been moneyhatted by either company.

I'm confident MS would come off looking better. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Everstar said:
Why would MGS4 not be able to be on 360 just put it on 2 disks?

Maybe if they dumbed it down to 720p. But to keep it the exact same quality, they would have to do a lot of compressing to get it onto even 3 discs at the least. 

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Munkeh111 said:
@ lone, Uncharted is 1st party, resistance and ratchet are basically 1st party

Did Naughty Dog go first party? Or were they first party all along? Either way, I feel stupid, lol

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Everstar said:

Maybe if they dumbed it down to 720p. But to keep it the exact same quality, they would have to do a lot of compressing to get it onto even 3 discs at the least.

What makes you say that?  They were struggling to keep it on a single-sided blu-ray.  At most I'd think the game would be 30GB.  Knock out 7.1 audio and your down by heaps.  Bring the resolution to 720p (I thought it already was?) and your down even more.

Add in the strong likelihood a lot of compression was skipped for dual-sided BR publicity purposes, and you have a linear game on two disks easily. 

MGS4 at THIS quality is NOT possible on x360.
1) MGS4 would be UNplayable on x360 models, which don`t have HDD.
2) The game would run in 565p at best case.

How many 50GB taking PS3 games were Ported to x360?
How many PS3 games at all were ported to x360?

Sony DO NOT pay for exclusives, ONLY M$ DO so.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

@ Starcraft

So you realize that Sony is too broke to be paying for exclusives. This is something only an engineer like Kutaragi would do which would explain Heavenly sword and Lair. But Haze when Krazy Ken's gone? Do you think Sony wants to kill their shareholders? M$ has only one major shareholder to answer to and he is billions of dollars away from bankruptcy so they can pay for whatever they want.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

CrazzyMan said:

Joke post?

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Everstar said:

Would you provide me with a link about the final resolution of the game??? Because the size of the disk is almost no related to the final resolution, and if you try to point to the quality of the textures, both the PS3 ant the 360 had the same amount of ram but the 360 has the edge...

Anyways, since we don´t know the final size of the game, any number of disk beyond 3 is pure speculation...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Pristine20 said:
@ Starcraft

So you realize that Sony is too broke to be paying for exclusives. This is something only an engineer like Kutaragi would do which would explain Heavenly sword and Lair. But Haze when Krazy Ken's gone? Do you think Sony wants to kill their shareholders? M$ has only one major shareholder to answer to and he is billions of dollars away from bankruptcy so they can pay for whatever they want.

Haha.  Maybe paying for MGS4 is why Sony gaming devision lost a tonne last quarter.

I was thinking that paying for so many JRPG's probably brought MGD profits down a lot too that quarter. 

CrazzyMan said:

they all do, its part of the business, the difference now is MS has more money than Sony, so expect more games espacially in japan to be timed exclusives by Ms.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)