By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GamePro hearing rumors of an “all-new (Nintendo) game with new characters"

sc94597 said:
yushire said:
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
What?!! I thought Ninty says about a new IP or something :( The whole article was just speculation and predictions rather than news. Its not Ninty the only one featured in the article...
What? I don't get what you are saying.

Read the title of the article itself:" What to expect from a shrinking E3 in 2008" this isnt about a rumor about Ninty having new IP, the whole article is all about speculation. What gamepro have to expect. I bet gamepro dont know the new IP was Kid icarus and saying its the new IP that no one knows about.

Sorry , but they said they've heard rumors of a a new "nintendo game" with NEW characters. I'm pretty sure pit has been in both Kid Icarus games and SSBB.

If thats the case then they'll revive Disaster: Day of Crisis and Project H.A.M.M.E.R. then? Because I cant think any of new franchise asides from that. 

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

If true, I hope it's an RPG.

@soriku----> Project H.A.M.M.E.R. was canned, not cancelled, 2 different terms 2 different meanings. And about Disaster its still in development, the release date was unsure because they want to polish it more we will may see it in 2009.

And as for new Ips, theres still Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin 3 they had to milk. They just cant erase that for a new Ip.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
@soriku----> Project H.A.M.M.E.R. was canned, not cancelled, 2 different terms 2 different meanings. And about Disaster its still in development, the release date was unsure because they want to polish it more we will may see it in 2009.

And as for new Ips, theres still Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin 3 they had to milk. They just cant erase that for a new Ip.

They are all old ips with old characters. 

yushire said:
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
What?!! I thought Ninty says about a new IP or something :( The whole article was just speculation and predictions rather than news. Its not Ninty the only one featured in the article...
What? I don't get what you are saying.

Read the title of the article itself:" What to expect from a shrinking E3 in 2008" this isnt about a rumor about Ninty having new IP, the whole article is all about speculation. What gamepro have to expect. I bet gamepro dont know the new IP was Kid icarus and saying its the new IP that no one knows about.

Sorry , but they said they've heard rumors of a a new "nintendo game" with NEW characters. I'm pretty sure pit has been in both Kid Icarus games and SSBB.

If thats the case then they'll revive Disaster: Day of Crisis and Project H.A.M.M.E.R. then? Because I cant think any of new franchise asides from that. 

when they say unveil an all-new game, i'm fairly positive they dont mean show a game that's already been unveiled.

what's being rumored is something not seen before.

i have my doubts. i have my hopes. the waiting game as normal

Around the Network

Does anybody know if golden sun is owned by nintendo or camelot? If nintendo then I would rather a sequel of golden sun than a new rpg.

@sc:

But Im talking about the article itself and since its a speculation and not even a rumor, just to let you know, this is the quote gonintendo cited:

"Though usually the most secretive first-party publisher, Nintendo has at least set expectations high this year. In March, president Reggie Fils-Aime told GameTrailers: "What we announce during E3 is gonna be fantastic. There's gonna be a big game for the holiday that the gamers (and expanded audience) will want." An expected answer from a man who makes his money selling games, yes, but more specific than either Microsoft or Sony have been, at least with the mention of a singular game.

Some speculate it will either be a surprise Zelda title or the reanimation of a long-forgotten franchise (cough, cough, Kid Icarus). Or perhaps it will be something entirely new. "I've heard strong rumors that Nintendo is going to unveil an all-new game with all-new characters," says senior GamePro editor Sid Shuman. "E3 might make a lot of sense for that announcement, despite its smaller size this year." But most promising is the fact that Nintendo has yet to unveil its fall/winter lineup, something that would obviously make sense to do at E3."

And since kid Icarus is fairly confirmed by IGN I say its Kid Icarus. Its Kid Icarus...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
@sc:

But Im talking about the article itself and since its a speculation and not even a rumor, just to let you know, this is the quote gonintendo cited:

"Though usually the most secretive first-party publisher, Nintendo has at least set expectations high this year. In March, president Reggie Fils-Aime told GameTrailers: "What we announce during E3 is gonna be fantastic. There's gonna be a big game for the holiday that the gamers (and expanded audience) will want." An expected answer from a man who makes his money selling games, yes, but more specific than either Microsoft or Sony have been, at least with the mention of a singular game.

Some speculate it will either be a surprise Zelda title or the reanimation of a long-forgotten franchise (cough, cough, Kid Icarus). Or perhaps it will be something entirely new. "I've heard strong rumors that Nintendo is going to unveil an all-new game with all-new characters," says senior GamePro editor Sid Shuman. "E3 might make a lot of sense for that announcement, despite its smaller size this year." But most promising is the fact that Nintendo has yet to unveil its fall/winter lineup, something that would obviously make sense to do at E3."

And since kid Icarus is fairly confirmed by IGN I say its Kid Icarus. Its Kid Icarus...
They both could be confirmed you know. He even says he heard strong rumors. That means he heard rumors. YOu say he didn't but he says he did.

So new IP indeed, seriously now, how many Ips can Nintendo come up with? Is it because 3rd parties cant deliver thats why Ninty makes IP after another? Its a good business for them though for gamers to stay busy till 3rd parties forced to develop quality games for the Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
So new IP indeed, seriously now, how many Ips can Nintendo come up with? Is it because 3rd parties cant deliver thats why Ninty makes IP after another? Its a good business for them though for gamers to stay busy till 3rd parties forced to develop quality games for the Wii.

Um back in the nes days nintendo came up with new ips all of the time. They are disrupting the market again and most likely will do teh same. I don't see why you should be complaining about new games for your console of choice.