By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gears of War 2 sales predictions

It will have huge initial sales, but not THAT long legs, as most buyers are buying it right when it hits the market, especially in the US.
2-3m the first 3 weeks, 4m lifetime

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

Around the Network

1.2m first week, and about 5m lifetime. Seeing as most 360 games dont have the best legs it will reach 5m fairly fast then drop right off.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

2m first week, 7-8 million lifetime. :) Here is a game that I am waiting for. :D

GeOW 2 has a good time frame for being out. The x360 momentum should be picking up a bit around that time, i think the sales for the game are going to nearing 2.5-3mil range.

It should keep selling well untill around xmas time

Somewhere near what cod4 did, most probably. +/-10%

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

i think microsoft will have a price cut so im guessing 1.8 million in the us first week and .6 million in others

1.5 million WW first week. Around 4-5 million LTD WW.

thinking about anything under 7M LTD is foolish...when GOW came out there were less than 7M x360's owners and still the game managed to break the 5M barrier.
GOW2 will be launched on the back of a 20M+ userbase. I wouldn't be surprised if the game sells better than Halo 3 (LTD).

2,5M first week and 9M LTD.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Its going up against Resistance 2! I predict NO sales!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

With the current userbase and its tendency towards FPS plus the hype that it's generating even amoung friends of mine who didn't buy the first installment, I'm going to put first week sales in the 2.5m region.