By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - N-Revolution magazine: gaming is serious business

I must admit, this thread lacks substance, but this is just one thing that irked me today. Does anyone read N-Revolution Magazine? Here are some quotes from 2 of their reviews:

Death Jr Root of Evil: 60 Great for young kids, but not so much fun for serious gamers. [Issue#23, p.64]

Boom Blox: 60 A great kids game. Teens and adults without children, however, may not find Boom Blox so entertaining. [Issue#23, p.72]

What irks me is that, appearantly, gaming is serious business, and games with cheery colors and a low amount of violence are only average. Now, I didn't play Death Jr, but I did play Boom Blox, and it's absolutely nonsense that this games is only fun for kids. Why is it only fun for kids? Because the game is cheerful and it offers no guns or tits, that's why.

Consider this a rant, so please don't ruin this thread, as it's not worth ruining.

Around the Network

Not only during Euro 08.

In fact they are still celebrating that they won the EC in 88, I am not sure they ever stopped with drinking since then.

@konnichiwa: Hey, at least we have an old triumph to celebrate...

^ I still can drink for the WC and EC Championships but I don't....I probably would have been dead by now.

Well, I really don't need any football match to have a reason to drink or not.

Around the Network

Bro I am just joking sorry if it sounded offensive =p...

You're right. It is BS but games like Boom Blox get a bum deal from reviewers that are almost universally male, age 18-25 and because they control the media outlets for gaming information, and the loudest voices on the forums, that they somehow represent a majority of the market. If that were true the Wii would not be outselling both HD consoles combined. It’s an inconvenient reality that the most of the industry columnists manage to ignore to an incredible degree.

Don't believe me? Go to any site that's not specifically for Nintendo fans and where those embarrassing actual sale numbers are not posted and read the site as though you had just arrived from Mars. Then tell me based on what you read what console(s) would you think were runaway hits.