By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The 10 laws of the Metal Gear Solid series.

Ten Golden Rules of Metal Gear Solid

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is looming on the horizon, and in case you couldn't tell, Destructoid is celebrating its arrival with a range of MGS-flavored features. 

Metal Gear Solid easily stands as one of my favorite game franchises of all time. From stealth mechanics that actually work to epic boss fights and some of the best storytelling in videogames, MGS is able to hold its own against anybody who claims that videogames can't be art. 

Like all things however, Metal Gear Solid adheres to its own set of Golden Rules, like everything else we have talked about in this article series. If Guns of the Patriots is to be a true MGS, then it too shall have to obey these commandements without fail. Yes, for the first time in print, we invite you deep into the twisted brain of Hideo Kojima as we unveil the Ten Golden Rules of Metal Gear Solid.

Just click the link to read, since I don't want to paste every paragraph one at a time (the site actually makes you do that).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

No one interested? Are some of you actually taking this seriously?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

I thought they were hilarious.

i mean yes, who cant twirl around two revolvers really fast to destroy thousands of hornets lol

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
I thought they were hilarious.

i mean yes, who cant twirl around two revolvers really fast to destroy thousands of hornets lol

Fraiser and Niles Crane. They would sprain their hands on the first spin.

The one about the names made me laugh...Im changing my name to 'Falcon Ocular'

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)