By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumour: Metal Gear Solid (the first one, duh) Coming to XBLA

starcraft said:
Everstar said:
what do u mean startcraft? and that would be cool if the did have it on XBL i would DL it.

Xbox got MGS3: Subsistence (essentially the same game with a different name).

Xbox 360 will eventually get some sort of version of MGS4, which we are nicknaming Subsistence.

No it didn't.

DMeisterJ said:

Confirmed then.

But I think you're right. Maybe Metal Gear 1/2. Since we already have them in the MGS Collection (MGS 3 Subsistence)

MG and MG2 are not in the essential collection.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Everstar said:
what do u mean startcraft? and that would be cool if the did have it on XBL i would DL it.

Xbox got MGS3: Subsistence (essentially the same game with a different name). 

Xbox 360 will eventually get some sort of version of MGS4, which we are nicknaming Subsistence. 

the only metal gear solid to ever come to xbox is metal gear solid 2:substance, metal gear solid 3 never came to the xbox.

Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:
So where is his evidence for this?

The dude is the evidence =/

But this is a rumor of course. Might be wrong.

That's what I'm saying.

Who is he?

Does he work for Kojima or for Microsoft?

Why should I (or anyone for that matter) believe him?

I'm all for a good rumour, but let's keep them credible.  This guy doesn't even give any reasoning for this.

This would be cool, but I have my doubts.

My mistake people. Meant to put 2.

But seriously, with the production costs of this game, the added costs of duplicating the same data over many times to achieve the publicity of an unneccessary dual layer Blu-Ray disk and the PS3's small userbase?

Expect a port.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Why isnt MGS on the UK PSNstore!! Colonelstubbs wants!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

starcraft said:

But seriously, with the production costs of this game, the added costs of duplicating the same data over many times to achieve the publicity of an unneccessary dual layer Blu-Ray disk and the PS3's small userbase?

Expect a port.

I struck through the speculation in your post.

You don't know the production cost, or whether or not data was duplicated.

What we do know is the PS3s small userbase.

Try drawing a conclusion with facts. 

Euphoria14 said:

Now how would this game ever fit on XBLA with the file size restriction?

If I rip out all the audio and video from each disk of MGS and compress them, each disk is still around 120MB.

Possibly confused with the original Metal Gear?

Well. They already have xbox originals that are several gigs. So they could easily fit it on the system. Its more an issue of where to put it?

DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:

Expect a port.

Convinced as I am of the realistic nature of everything i typed, I think the post still stands even with everything you scrubbed out.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:

Expect a port.

Convinced as I am of the realistic nature of everything i typed, I think the post still stands even with everything you scrubbed out.

Your post does still stand, the PS3 userbase is small, and I do expect a 360 port, a year or two later.  Much after the game has completed selling, and it's effect is long-worn off.