By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The maximum age for gaming

kowenicki said:

ridiculous thread!  and actually quite offensive.

maximum age for gaming? dont be stupid... now if you want to talk about minimum age to post on forums.... i'm with you.

Agreed. It is quite offensive. It shows a lack of understanding, or perhaps a lack of willingness to understand. Hopefully he will grow up to realise that whether you game or not is not a question of age, but of mindset and priorities. 

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

Should there be a cut off age for movies, books, TV, sports, etc....?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

If it is offensive then that ws not my aim. However killergran there is no need to ask me to "grow up". Resorting to my age as a limitng factor in this thread which is MY opinion is offensive to me and other young gamers. oh and rocket pig... not funny

There is no age limit on anything entertainment wise(unless stated by the government). I know quite a few 70 year old gamers so age isn't a factor. Not to mention people who are that old didn't grow up with video games like the majority of us did.

i dont know how it shows a lack of maturity. if this ismy op i am entitled to i.t no need to call me immature and make satarical responses. however it is i gess a generalisation and so poss wrong... everyone has their op as shown above edit*i hv alredy sed there was no limit in 1st post

Around the Network

im 45 and still enjoy it. what i would say is the games you play as you get older imo is a bit like movies you watch.
most films coming out today hold little interest for me they seem to go over my head. with games it is getting similar i find some games like dmc4 for example are geared to a younger audience. also the online thing seems to have bypassed me so far anyway.

that is not to say that is a bad thing most of the buying is done by younger people and paid for by us oldies i might add. the developers will always go for that market. so my answer is after all this no limit on age just less games that appeal to you.

ok becuse of popular demadn i am going to rephrase the oringal posts questions and c if i get some different repsonses.
At what age does everyone think they THEMSELVES will start to go off or completely go off gaming..............

What's the current longest living person record?

Both questions have the same answer.

The fun part of gaming is that unlike most other sports, as you grow older (barring arthritis...etc), you can still play video games.  ^_^

that is what i have reiterated before...