By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - is Warcraft 3 worth getting?

ssj12 said:
makingmusic476 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Nope. Stick with StarCraft. WC3 is like a cross between StarCraft and Diablo. You have to micromanage your regular RTS gaming with leveling up your hero, and teaching him spells and gaining him experience by having him fuck up neutral creatures on the map. Some people love it, and you might, but I love StarCraft and Diablo, but hate playing both at once.

I agree with this 100%.  The game emphasized the heroes a bit too much for my tastes.

I'd recommend getting Age of Mythology.  It came out around the same time WC3 did, and got similar reviews.  It's like Age of Empires II, but better all around and with a mythological background.  Even to this day it's one of my top three favorite RTSes along with the Battle for Middle-earth II and Supreme Commander.

You forget how cheap you can get the WC3 battlechest and the B.N. onine part is awesome with all the mods. Just DOTA is worth the purchaseas well as the tower defences.

It can't be stressed enough how true that statement is.  The custom games that have been made are fantastic, don't keep yourself from experiencing them.

Around the Network

Warcraft 3 is easily my favorite RTS game. I suck horribly at Starcraft (but I still love it!) but WC3 I'm actually pretty good at. It's easier for me to manage (and micro-manage) smaller armies than it is to pump out 50+ units and fight with 4 or 5 groups like in Starcraft.

Ironically, one of my favorite WC3 units is the Necromancer.

Also, Tower Defence is great fun.  :) 

I play dota everyday. So to me, yes its definitely worth the purchase.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Buy it - it's cheap, the story is immersive, the gameplay is very balanced and refined (but very different to SC, so if you are not willing to adapt, you won't find it entertaining) and custom maps like Defense of the Ancients (Dota) are so addictive, that it's worth buying the game for those alone.

warcraft 4 will come out in a few years. starcraft 2 soon. just wait for sc2 then ull have plenty of fun 'till wc4

Around the Network
starcraft said:
I enjoyed the heroes aspect of the game. For me, Warcraft 3 was the best RTS I've ever played after the original Age of Empires.

How unbelievably odd coming from someone with starcraft as is nick!

@OP : To me Warcraft III was a disapointment because I really didn't get into the hero stuff. I absolutely hate creeping and leveling up my hero but it's not all bad, the story is really good and entertaining and some custom maps are really quite fun.

Signature goes here!

Yea I recommend getting it. Awesome campaign. Don't forget about Frozen Throne either. Don't listen to the people whine about the hero aspect. It's actually not a bad feature at all and I think it adds more depth. The online is absolutely spectacular in both WC3 and FT.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Nothing beats a mindless game of Tower Defense, that alone worth getting.