By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - is Warcraft 3 worth getting?

I know, I know, I missed the train on that one I guess. But I never got into Warcraft3, or even played it to be honest. I was still stuck on starcraft when WC3 came out. But I keep seeing battle chests around, and I occasionally think about getting it. Should I? Somebody talk me into it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Nope. Stick with StarCraft. WC3 is like a cross between StarCraft and Diablo. You have to micromanage your regular RTS gaming with leveling up your hero, and teaching him spells and gaining him experience by having him fuck up neutral creatures on the map. Some people love it, and you might, but I love StarCraft and Diablo, but hate playing both at once.

Well, it's a blizzard game, and if you like their other titles, you will love this one too.

I LOVE starcraft and diablo, and I also enjoyed Warcraft, although you cannot start WC thinking that it'll be SC with a twist, because it's its own series with another emphasis and such.

I think it is. I still play the game off and on to this day.

there's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot

its an awesome game. i still play it and its relatively easy to get normally skilled at it when you read some guides. id advise it to anyone!

Around the Network

hmmm, Maybe.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

get it man its goood

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

I like it because it seems a lot more team based and having heroes is a great addition in my opinion. There is also a lot less units on the map, which I like more than the millions on Starcraft.

I own the Battle Chest, but don't play Frozen Throne (The expansion) - I find the combat all messed up, not even maknig sense anymore.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Nope. Stick with StarCraft. WC3 is like a cross between StarCraft and Diablo. You have to micromanage your regular RTS gaming with leveling up your hero, and teaching him spells and gaining him experience by having him fuck up neutral creatures on the map. Some people love it, and you might, but I love StarCraft and Diablo, but hate playing both at once.

I agree with this 100%.  The game emphasized the heroes a bit too much for my tastes.

I'd recommend getting Age of Mythology.  It came out around the same time WC3 did, and got similar reviews.  It's like Age of Empires II, but better all around and with a mythological background.  Even to this day it's one of my top three favorite RTSes along with the Battle for Middle-earth II and Supreme Commander.

Dont get it. Im a huge fan of starcraft and warcarft. Which is why I say don't! Stacraft 2 is coming out soon and a few years after it Warcraft 4 is going 2 come out. Plus Blizzard is making a new MMO probably diablo 3 but thats just a guess.

"The game emphasized the heroes a bit too much for my tastes." Are u crazy? That was the best part, showed ur micro skills and ur ablity to match Items with heroes with units with attack stradgies. I feel as tho ur hero died a lot!