By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - XP SP3 uxtheme.dll?

For god knows how long I'd been using a modified uxtheme.dll to allow XP to display unofficial themes but now with SP3, the file has been reverted and I can no longer use such themes.

My Computer properties shows the OS as XP Pro SP3 Version 2002, yet I've been unable to find a patcher that matches this. All I've come across are patchers for the pre-release versions of SP3. Whether they'd work or not I haven't tried, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has gotten a modded uxtheme.dll working for SP3 and if they can put me in the right direction for it.

Any help appreciated!

Around the Network

Try using your old one. SP3 is not architecturally different in terms of window management from SP2. SP3 is pretty much SP2 plus every minor WU fix since SP2's release.

Or, if you want really cool themes and effects that won't go away with a service pack, use a free software desktop (not Windows, obviously) that gives you the freedom to theme from the start. Have you seen Compiz? ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=7ye5qpt10CU )

Heh, thanks Soleron but I've had my fair share of fun with Compiz / Beryl and Linux Distros ;)

(Unfortunately they usually end up with me going back to Windows, I need some more apps running perfectly through WINE before I have any chance of switching over completely!)

Like Soleron/Game_boy says, you should just try your old one. I don't think they'd have any reason to change it, unless they specifically wanted to piss off those that use custom themes.