By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
starcraft said:
whatever said:
starcraft said:
Hawkeye said:

Dammit... PS3 would be better to get in 09 as an Xmas present but it has a blu ray player and other stuff. May be I should just work all summer at a part time job and save up and get both lol. Except then I wouldnt have time to ever play those 45 PS2 games :(

A cash gift of $2000 would solve my problem :)

Honestly, if the 360 has two to three times the games you want and money is an issue, its a no-brainer.

The PS3 is currently very over-priced. Ask for it in 2009 as a christmas gift. Or buy one late next year when its cheaper and some of the big games Darth keeps talking about are actually out.

Sorry, but you can't make foolish statements like this and expect people to take your opinion seriously. The fact that Sony is still losing money on the console means, by definition, that it is not overpriced.

What is overpriced is the 360 elite and the 360 hardrives. Its ridiculous that you need to spend $180 for a 120 GB HDD when a standard 250 GB HDD is less than $100.

I agree that 360 HDD are overpriced.  Given I was talking about games, the Ps3 is massively overpriced from a Starcraft perspective.  As a consumer, neither I nor any other consumers should be concerned with what Sony gets out of the transaction. 

There, fixed it for you since this is your opinion.  13+ million people clearly disagree. 

Around the Network
Hawkeye said:
starcraft said:
Hawkeye said:

I do, but there doesn't seem to be a practical way to do it... getting a 360 w/ componet cable is taking advantage enough I guess.

I would go a 360 pro.

I just checked and Arcade apparently doesnt come with component in the USA.

Pro lets you play online, play over 300 different Xbox 1 games, and gives you access to all Xbox 360 games, which currently comprise more than double the AAA titles of any other next-generation console.

Also, a firmware update over a year ago means that the Xbox 360 can play all titles in 1080p via component. I'm yet to see a comparision that makes HDMI look notably better, but if it means that much to you the pro does have an HDMI port.

Edit: The pro also comes with a headset included. As Squilliam said, you can pick a PS2 up used dirt cheap, and thats all you really need to do. The slim PS2's hardly ever break. Go with a 360.

pro is the $350 one?

I think so.  I'm not sure about US pricing.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

whatever said:
starcraft said:
whatever said:
starcraft said:
Hawkeye said:

Dammit... PS3 would be better to get in 09 as an Xmas present but it has a blu ray player and other stuff. May be I should just work all summer at a part time job and save up and get both lol. Except then I wouldnt have time to ever play those 45 PS2 games :(

A cash gift of $2000 would solve my problem :)

Honestly, if the 360 has two to three times the games you want and money is an issue, its a no-brainer.

The PS3 is currently very over-priced. Ask for it in 2009 as a christmas gift. Or buy one late next year when its cheaper and some of the big games Darth keeps talking about are actually out.

Sorry, but you can't make foolish statements like this and expect people to take your opinion seriously. The fact that Sony is still losing money on the console means, by definition, that it is not overpriced.

What is overpriced is the 360 elite and the 360 hardrives. Its ridiculous that you need to spend $180 for a 120 GB HDD when a standard 250 GB HDD is less than $100.

I agree that 360 HDD are overpriced. Given I was talking about games, the Ps3 is massively overpriced from a Starcraft perspective. As a consumer, neither I nor any other consumers should be concerned with what Sony gets out of the transaction.

There, fixed it for you since this is your opinion. 13+ million people clearly disagree.

For what you get (blu ray ect) PS3 isn't overpriced. But starcraft is right in the sense that PS3 does not have an ideal price point and overshot the market... a $300 PS3 at launch with no blu ray player and grpahics margianlly worse then 360 would have done better

Get 360. You'll love it!

whatever said:
starcraft said:

I agree that 360 HDD are overpriced. Given I was talking about games, the Ps3 is massively overpriced from a Starcraft perspective. As a consumer, neither I nor any other consumers should be concerned with what Sony gets out of the transaction.

There, fixed it for you since this is your opinion. 13+ million people clearly disagree.

Not true, ask Sony.  They said 5 million people would buy their console with no games, and they were right.

Its funny.  You guys are always arguing that brand loyalty will help the PS3 win over the 360, but in arguments like this, it cant play a part?  It has to be the PS3's thinish game library thats attracting people? 

Around the Network
starcraft said:
whatever said:
starcraft said:

Not true, ask Sony.  They said 5 million people would buy their console with no games, and they were right.

Its funny.  You guys are always arguing that brand loyalty will help the PS3 win over the 360, but in arguments like this, it cant play a part?  It has to be the PS3's thinish game library thats attracting people? 

Well, I've never argued that brand loyalty has much to do with anything.  But it could certainly be the PS3 game library that's attracting people.  Both current and future games.  I certainly don't consider its library "thin" at all.

And its not overpriced just as a BR player.

starcraft said:
Torillian said:

I read into that Darth, since I thought it would be ironic to disprove Starcraft the same day, but that's a first gen 360, and those should be expected to break down. I assume he wouldn't be buying a first gen.

edit: good work on that PS2 list btw, games like Psychonauts and SotC deserve more sales. Just don't buy them used or I'll punch you in the Kidneys. You can buy the rest used, they had enough sales......but not those damn it.

double edit: same goes for Okami

Lol.  They love trying to use very old 360's to show recent 360's dont work properly.

Fact is we hear of more recent PS3's stuffing up than recent 360's stuffing up nowadays. 

Umm, no. I especially like the "fact is" when you implement bias.

i see a starcraft ban coming.

LongLiveTheBeatles said:
starcraft said:

Lol. They love trying to use very old 360's to show recent 360's dont work properly.

Fact is we hear of more recent PS3's stuffing up than recent 360's stuffing up nowadays.

Umm, no. I especially like the "fact is" when you implement bias.

Figure of speech.  Nonetheless, its perfectly true on these boards at least.

BCNR34 said:
i see a starcraft ban coming.

Do you have anything significant to add to this thread's subject matter?