By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360: Console Home of RPGs?

360 has a great amount of RPGS and one reason i bought a 360 when i did was becuase i was very excited about oblivioin

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Fernando

no it isn't a FACT cus DQ sells like Cow Poo outside of Japan

FF13 will OUTSELL DQ 9....trust me on this..

@shameless

Well that means the bar is so low isn't it

Unless DQ sells like 5 mil in Japan...or more X_X Plus I'd expect another 2 mil+ boost or so from US and EU so DQ IX definitey has a chance at beating FF XIII in sales. Don't count out the possibility.

I can't disagree with you more. FFvii made the JRPG genre international but you're only 13 so you may not know this. I couldn't care as much fore KH as much as FFXIII. I don't really care for the colorfulness and disney characters. Still a good series though. And Tales just doesn't match FF. Tales of the Abyss was a lot of fun but doesn't come close to the immersiveness of the living breathing world in FF games. The sales speak for themselves. Millions of people won't buy a bad game

I am only 2 years older than Soriku but I am very aware that FFVII brought JRPGs to the mainstream.  I wish people didn't bash this series just because it is mainstream.  FF is not only a great RPG series but also a great franchise in general. 

Anyways, the reason why Tales doesn't sell that well outside of Symphonia is because Namco are lazy and aren't advertising their games properly 

Shameless said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Shameless

THe creator who I almost hated for making FF SPirits within

But a creator isn't the only person behind FF....its the whole team....

Sakaguchi isn't the only person responsible for the success of FF (atleast FF7 onwards)...its been the whole FF team....not one man

BTW I like LO I was just saying that to you cus you said DS had only 2 good RPG's which IMO is like saying Xbox 1 wasn't a console for shooters..
The DS does only have two good JRPGs out at the moment though - The World Ends With You and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. FF12 RW was mediocre and not really a JRPG, FF3 was mediocre when it was released and not much better now and FFCC was really bad. I can't think of anything else right now.
Just to doublecheck: 
You think Children of Mana is not good. 
You think Contact is not good. 
You think Etrian Odyssey is not good
You think Mario & Luigi:  Partners in Time is not good. 
You think the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are not good. 
You think Rune Factory is not good. 

And not just in the sense of "I happen to personally not like this game", but in the sense of "These games are just not good from a reasonably objective standpoint". 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

MS just announced Star Ocean 4 for the Xbox 360.

Oh yeah, the last remnant is a time exclusive - worldwide december 2008 release.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Good news for 360.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title